E4OD to ZF5 swap 4x4

jhowse

Reaction score
Im in the middle of swaping out the auto for a 5 speed, after taking a few measurements it looks like the rear driveshaft is going to be short and the front to long. Does anyone have any input on the legnth I need or have one for sale. (Its the 94 F250 in my signature) Or is it best to just take it to a driveline shop. I just finished installing a factory turbo now the zf, mabe it'll wake this ol' girl up.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing the same thing, I'm taking my final measurement tomorrow before hunting the yard and if not successful the drive line shop to have em cut. If I find a factory one ill let you know how short the front is and when I eye balled it it looks like it 7-8" short in the rear but again I'm taking a measurement tomorrow.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 5.5" from the center of the ujoint to the center of the cup of the yoke on the rear of my standard cab long bed. I have searched and searched looking for no BS lengths of these drive lines with no luck so I was down to jacking up the end of the drive line till it made a straight line to the yoke and measuring. Front I'm still working on, the yard had one but it isn't right, doesn't have a double cardan joint and with it squeezed in its 34 3/4" center to center and its almost bottomed out.

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the 5.5", believe that was the number when swapping mine. Still haven't done the front but ended up buying a rear from the junkyard.

I got 5.5" from the center of the ujoint to the center of the cup of the yoke on the rear of my standard cab long bed. I have searched and searched looking for no BS lengths of these drive lines with no luck so I was down to jacking up the end of the drive line till it made a straight line to the yoke and measuring. Front I'm still working on, the yard had one but it isn't right, doesn't have a double cardan joint and with it squeezed in its 34 3/4" center to center and its almost bottomed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online