E4OD Issue Help Needed

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000 rpms is way high, and dropping from there to factory setting will make a decent drop in idle TPS voltage as well. Do it as soon as possible tho, cause right now your TPS voltage is on the low side and therefore so is your line pressure, and that's one thing you don't want to happen in a slushbox. Overly high pressure can kill a trans too, but a too-low pressure WILL kill it for sure given enough time.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Guys,

In the end, the tach sensor was bad. When I went to remove it, I noticed the PO had wrapped electrical tape to the wires as they come off the sensor. The tape had worked it's way up the wires and one of them showed the insulation was completely gone.

Also, the FIPL sensor was way off. It registered 0.52V at idle and 1.85 at WOT. I could not get it in range so I removed it and clocked it over the tab more before installing. After this, it was at 1.25V at idle and 3.8V at WOT.

I had installed this pump a couple of weeks ago. Now I wonder if I did damage to the transmission with the sensor being so far off. It ran great last night though. Shifts are a bit too early for my taste but at least it'll downshift good now and it does not stall the engine.

Time to work on other stuff like the multiple leaks the engine and tranny have. Check out my other thread here;

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?p=574149#post574149

Thanks again for all your help. I learned more things about the way these trucks work yesterday and it's always a satisfying feeling to do so.

The only damage is a few miles taken off of the tranny. If the fluid isn't burnt. Shifts good, drive it.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140