E40D Tranny's Need Scan Tool Info

Scott

Reaction score
My 89 E-350 7.3L Diesel with the E40D trans has been very dependable for 10 years now. Mechanics on it is excellent but the body needs some tlc.
I need info on scan tools for the trans. This is the only computer control system of the vechile. I was hoping that my scan tools could be used but I need info on them. Any electrical wizards out there.

gandalf

Reaction score
Scott said:
My 89 E-350 7.3L Diesel with the E40D trans has been very dependable for 10 years now. Mechanics on it is excellent but the body needs some tlc.
I need info on scan tools for the trans. This is the only computer control system of the vechile. I was hoping that my scan tools could be used but I need info on them. Any electrical wizards out there.

You need an OBD 1 scanner, I believe. I bought one at Auto Zone for about $30. On my truck it plugs in at the driver's side rear of the engine compartment. Maybe somebody else can tell you about the van. Be sure to plug in both connections.

Scott

Reaction score
I have Kal made obd-II scan tools. I was wondering if all I needed was an adaptor for the connections? Thanks for the input.

Scott

Reaction score
Thanks turbo69 I haven't check the codes yet but I plan on it soon to see if my adjustment went off ok Thanks for the lead once again Much appreciation here

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online