E350 rearend

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
ok got it, dana 60 semi float isn't an upgrade from your 10.25. some huge axle shafts but they are C clip axles. don't waste your time.
Only reason I was wantin it is because it has rear discs I didn't figure it'd be an upgrade other then that but I wasn't sure.
It's a full float not a semi float also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fullfloat Eseries dana 60s are a better axle but only have 30spline axle shafts. usually came in the cab/chassis model and got unicell bodies with the full 1 piece rear fiberglass door.

I tried to find one of those for my van, but not many around here. I think the wheel face is wider than the semi IIRC.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Here's acouple more pics of it.i mean for 300 bucks if I can get a yoke for it it won't be to bad.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images
I guess the actual better Question is does the speedo gear go in the rear end.its goin in a obs so I won't have a speedo if it doesn't

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped in a dually d70 into my single wheel truck (I wanted to make it a dually anyway).

If I remember correctly I had to move the perches in 2" on each side and the shock mounts too. On hind sight I should have left the old perches in place and welded in a new set and built air bag towers on the old set.

As for brakes you'll have to do something. I haven't figured out what yet but my pedal is low like they aren't bled enough and they don't grab as hard as the front. I'm going to remove the abs valve and see if that helps. Then I'll be putting on the hydro boost so essentially I'd have f-superduty brake system when I'm done.

Mine had the flange also but the rear is a little shorter than a sterling so I got away with simply adding a companion flange yoke to my driveshaft and bolting it to the rear axle. Too easy.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I swapped in a dually d70 into my single wheel truck (I wanted to make it a dually anyway).

If I remember correctly I had to move the perches in 2" on each side and the shock mounts too. On hind sight I should have left the old perches in place and welded in a new set and built air bag towers on the old set.

As for brakes you'll have to do something. I haven't figured out what yet but my pedal is low like they aren't bled enough and they don't grab as hard as the front. I'm going to remove the abs valve and see if that helps. Then I'll be putting on the hydro boost so essentially I'd have f-superduty brake system when I'm done.

Mine had the flange also but the rear is a little shorter than a sterling so I got away with simply adding a companion flange yoke to my driveshaft and bolting it to the rear axle. Too easy.

Thank ya very much.hell im used to a low pedal anyway lol I can never get my back brakes workin on one of my rigs I think we've put all new everything in acouple times and can never get um to work for more then a day

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disks take more fluid volume. Think I saw where someone swapped in a later master cylinder off something that had rear disks. That ought to help the pedal.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Disks take more fluid volume. Think I saw where someone swapped in a later master cylinder off something that had rear disks. That ought to help the pedal.
Alright well I'll see what I can't get done if they still have it here soon.thank y'all I appreciate it