E350 rearend

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I've been wantin rear discs for awhile now and I came across a e350 rearend on Craigslist cheep.how hard is the swap gonna be.and where can I get a yoke cause it's got the flange style yoke I guess that the two flanges bolt together
It's a 99 rearend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to move the spring perches I believe. You should be able to get a flange that will mate to it. I think about all the later trucks used those. Should be an off the shelf item but I don't know how cheap.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Alright how hard is it to move the spring perches?
You must be registered for see images attach
here's a pic of the rearend

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's cutting and welding involved. Have to get it all lined up straight or it will track funny.

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch the bolt pattern. They swapped in there somewhere. 8x6" to metric? Maybe?

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a D60 or D70? Either way they will have a D60 ring gear of 9.75". Or do a 99+ sterling swap and get them re-drilled for 8-6.5

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch the bolt pattern. They swapped in there somewhere. 8x6" to metric? Maybe?

This.

Measure not twice but thrice, cut once should be ez.

Does the gearset match the front? (if 4x4)

Gonna need a new master cylinder so the discs don't drag and might need to address the proportioning valve, no idea about ABS. Would be a great time to ditch the vaccum booster for hydroboost.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
This.

Measure not twice but thrice, cut once should be ez.

Does the gearset match the front? (if 4x4)

Gonna need a new master cylinder so the discs don't drag and might need to address the proportioning valve, no idea about ABS. Would be a great time to ditch the vaccum booster for hydroboost.
Yes it's the same gears it also says it's 8x6.5 are they any wider then a normal single rear wheel truck axle

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Is it a D60 or D70? Either way they will have a D60 ring gear of 9.75". Or do a 99+ sterling swap and get them re-drilled for 8-6.5
Are the danas as strong as the sterlings cause this is goin in my lifted truck I don't need anything weaker[emoji23]

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a dana 70 E350 dually rear axle is way too wide for your old Fseries. are 10.25 Dually axles expensive there? I've tossed several on the scrap load as I can't even get $150 for them! not even any interest.

if you are using it for single wheel application it is going to stick out way past the body.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
a dana 70 E350 dually rear axle is way too wide for your old Fseries. are 10.25 Dually axles expensive there? I've tossed several on the scrap load as I can't even get $150 for them! not even any interest.

if you are using it for single wheel application it is going to stick out way past the body.
It's not a dually axle it's a single rear wheel.but you cant find dually axles here that easy

Last edited: