E 03 on odometer? Just stopped working ?

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i droved my truck 15 miles today, filled it up, parked it at warehouse, just went to restart it and my odometer display E 03 when started it up up. If i press the trip button it just scrolls through a bunch of numbers? I didnt make any changes to this truck at any point. I checked alternator its working fine, putting out 13.4v running, batteries at at 12.9 sitting (after having just started it). No lights or indicators are on. Any idea what i can do with this? I have a spare parts truck with the same cluster and same gearing but it's an auto so i am not sure if i can swap them, plus the mileage is different. Normally i wouldnt care but i record mileage in my trip reports and use the odometer to do so.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, same tires for the past 15k or so. No changes to the truck mechanically in 2500 miles. I drive it 100-200 miles a day

Last edited:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Someone else will know more about the PSOM. I've never dealt with one, but I seem to reval that E03 error having something to do with a speed change constant. All my speedometers use cables and gears :D

The coding that it scrolls through has some significance as well, but once again, I'm not much help.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went and checked it, reset button was actually stuck inside. I removed the button and pushed it a few times, then cycled the key a few times. odometer is still there and trip meter. I havent driven it yet but hopefully the speedometer is still the same. i have gps to verify

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E 03 probably is Error 03. Came from filling the tank. Does the fuel gauge indicate full?