Dynomax Ultra Flo - Cat-Back Exhaust System

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Good mufflers are around $100 or a bit less. I'd just get a muffler and cut out appropriate length of pipe to install.

On my gas vehicles after messing with several others I've always settled on Dynomax Super Turbo. Not terribly restrictive and has a nice sound without being obnoxious. They are not exactly straight through which may or may not be a problem with plugging up on a diesel.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I bought the Dynomax powerstroke 4" exhaust for my turbo idi. I could not use the downpipe but the rest of the system fit great on my 94. I really like the sound. It has a decent throaty sound without the extra crackle and pop on a hard decel. I am happy with the system.

I am not sure what system you linked to but the idi never had a cat on it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gunna ask' whats a cat?
There are a few threads on the subject to check out.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joking aside, a cat-back exhaust system actually makes the most sense, since I don't think there are any turbo-back (or manifold-back) bolt-in exhaust systems designed for an IDI available anymore...so, get a cat-back exhaust system for an OBS PSD and it'll go right on to the rear mounts, bend over the axle in the right places, etc. Then, get some sort of pipe (a flex pipe will work if things aren't aligned perfectly, and this is also a good place to put a size adapter) to connect from the downpipe you have (or the Y-pipe on a n/a truck) to where the cat-back system begins, and you should be good to go without any spare parts (i.e. a PSD downpipe that won't do you any good)...

I don't know anything about the Dynomax system specifically, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's said that anything over 3 inches exhaust diameter is overkill, but it won't do any harm, and it'll give you a deeper sound if that's what you're after. I have a Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust system meant for an OBS PSD sitting in a box that I will install when I have a chance :D

adriantkt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for you comment i will keep them in mind,
Yes
they aren't many performance parts for this engine
beside of a turbo kit
i would like to put one on this truck but running low on money
planning to buy this kit because is the fastest and easiest way to put an exhaust system without looking for parts on different stores
you have it all with just one purchase
the other way if they don't have what you need, they need to order and wait some time to have it

I think I have the same system on my 88 F350 (without the chrome tip).
You can hear it if you want at

i have already watch your videos on Youtube i like the sound
so you just bolt on in ur truck?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I dont know why they list that as a cat back system? Who ever is responsible for oreillys computer system and online catalog should be shot. Being an employee and having to work with it is a real pain at times! But I digress.

The exhaust system listed is actually the manifold back system for the IDIs. Its a great system in my opinion. I dont have the whole system but I have pieces of it and am impressed. Their y pipe design is far better then what came factory on these trucks.

They had discontinued this kit for awhile but I see they are making it again.

adriantkt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah,
that's what i thought
or even they dont know nothing about the difference between gas and diesel

besides the Cat-Back comment
i check the details of the product size of the pipe
and think that it's made for a diesel truck

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads