Holley mechanic fuel lift pump? Fan Clutch?

FoMoCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say this Holley high performance fuel pump at O'reillys. The pressure is 7 psi, is that enough or to much. Will this pump work on a 1994 factory turbo idi?
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/HOL0/12860.oap? ,year=1994&make=Ford&model=F-350&vi=1126864&ck=Search_2536P_1126864_1783&pt=2536P&ppt=C0025,

Also I need a fan clutch, how do you determine the rotation? Standard or reverse. I might just go with an electric fan, any good deals out there?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing it's for a gasser 429/460...I doubt it's any good for the IDI engine. totally different beast altogether.

Do a search or check the IDI tech and there is tons of info in the forums on electric fans. Several members use them, I plan on it, it will require a custom made setup for me though.

Good hunting.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing it's for a gasser 429/460...I doubt it's any good for the IDI engine. totally different beast altogether.

Do a search or check the IDI tech and there is tons of info in the forums on electric fans. Several members use them, I plan on it, it will require a custom made setup for me though.

Good hunting.

FoMoCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it says for the gasser but if you click on applications it mentions the K code 7.3 idi. I search with my vehicle information and this pump was one of the options. The other pumps were like the one I have, but I don't like cheap made in China after market stuff, so I figure this pump is of higher quality then any of those China made crap pumps.

The ford/international original parts last for 15 years and then you go to Advance and buy the replacement and it last for maybe 2 years.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep I did too, that is a niiiiice lift pump. I was thinking about installing a new lift pump on the 6.9l soon, that will provably be the one I'll purchase.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That pump will work just fine if it is for a K code vin 7psi is the correct presure aslong as the arm reaces the cam and the diaphram will hold up to diesel it will be fine since you say its listed for that engine then arm should reach but I would call holley and double check befor trusting orilleys.

Or get a carter lift pump.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep I did too, that is a niiiiice lift pump. I was thinking about installing a new lift pump on the 6.9l soon, that will provably be the one I'll purchase.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thats tempting. If it does indeed fit our trucks. I have a brand new carter that puts out only 3 psi. I was really hoping for more. Still haven't decided if I'm going to send it back and get another. Truck runs great on 3 psi, I just want more.

The holley looks nice. Looks like you can get in on ebay or amazon for $10 cheaper.

FoMoCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check it out on Monday. One problem is the inlet and outlets are 1/4 in NPT, it looks like our fuel inlet to lift pump is larger?????

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
The supply line on our trucks is 3/8" ID.

My lift pump its fed through 1/8" NPT ports, and runs fine with a heavier fuel, so i dont think i'd worry too much about that...

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get 1/4" MPT x 3/8" barb at any plumbing supply place. It won't cause any significant restriction. The ports on a factory pump are a compression type I believe.

FoMoCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, it is in stock. I will get it monday and let everybody know how it works out.