Hydroboost change

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, a little dark to slap it on now though, eh? And I just went through the same stuff. Wonderful change, although now Im regretting not changing my bad powersteering pump sooner than later.

linkman440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to start the swap until next weekend. I just like to have everything together before I start. This is my daily driver so I can't go messing it up. Plus I work 3pm-4am so its like the middle of the day

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I thought the parts store ones didn't come with the short pushrod that goes between the booster and master cyl. I'd look in the box before you buy it and make sure its there...

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I thought the parts store ones didn't come with the short pushrod that goes between the booster and master cyl. I'd look in the box before you buy it and make sure its there...

you are correct. get the h-booster from ford. it comes with everything needed. rockauto.com has them(motorcraft) for good prices BRAND NEW.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i just checked rockauto.com.

they have a brand new motorcraft booster, which will come with everything you need for install and operation, for $251.79+s&h. yes that is more than the reman'd o'riley's booster but it is the better deal b/c of it being new and having everything you need. rockauto ships fast to. even with there basic shipping you will have it by the end of the week if you order it today.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my booster from Oreilly, looks to be the same as listed above. Take a peak at it before buying it and youll be good.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local PikNpul has a Fsuperduty in it with 460 and Hydro...looking at going and yanking whole assembly including pedal of course!

If ayone is interested..I'd be happy to get a quote for all of it...and work out shipping later...lines MC booster pedal and resviour

Last edited:

linkman440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would very much appreciate the quote riotwarrior. i looked at the setup on roxkauto but i would rather have the whole assembly. im just worried about getting in there and something not being right. The picknpull here in waco is terrible.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If linkman doesnt want it let me know the price....would give me a good excuse for a road trip :)

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just checked rockauto.com.

they have a brand new motorcraft booster, which will come with everything you need for install and operation, for $251.79+s&h. yes that is more than the reman'd o'riley's booster but it is the better deal b/c of it being new and having everything you need. rockauto ships fast to. even with there basic shipping you will have it by the end of the week if you order it today.

Do you have a PN# and by chance a PN# for the lines as well?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got all new stuff from Ford except the brake pedal, and paid about $800. That's a great price.