Dynomax exhaust systems

wbw189

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am finally tired of pieces together my stock exhaust. Dynomax used to offer one system for the 6.9's (19429) and another for 7.3's (19430). I am only having luck finding the one for a 7.3 idi. Anyone try this, or think it would work on my '86? Powerstrokd.com still has them listed for $208 shipped!

Thanks,

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check summit racing. That's were I got my kit.
And the two kits should be the same. 7.3 fit 6.9 visa versa.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I checked out the kit on powerstroked.comand I noticed they don't give you any info at all about it. They never stated the exhaust size, cab/bed figuration, or if its just universal

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kits universal comes with an extra peice for the longer trucks.
The only thing I don't like about mine is how low the tail pipe dose hang and the avertised 3.5 in piping is not 3.5 in pipe.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
on summit's website it says its 3'' in and 4'' out? I dunno post a pic of how your tail pipe exits please, i'm interested in this kit

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the full dynomax kit on my 93 crew cab. Its a nice kit BUT I had to cut off all the exhaust hangers and re weld them. The exhaust tip was going to come out even with the rear axle or just below. It hung down way to much for me. I pushed it up about 6 inches. The clamp for the tip was crap no mater how much I tightened it I could pull the tip off. Other than that it was a nice kit sounds and looks nice.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I just put the full dynomax kit on my 93 crew cab. Its a nice kit BUT I had to cut off all the exhaust hangers and re weld them. The exhaust tip was going to come out even with the rear axle or just below. It hung down way to much for me. I pushed it up about 6 inches. The clamp for the tip was crap no mater how much I tightened it I could pull the tip off. Other than that it was a nice kit sounds and looks nice.

I wanna see some pics of the tail pipe hangin down. I'm just curious as to how crappy it looks (according to you guys). I'd like to make a purchase on one of these kits but... I'm tired of the whole NA thing so i'm prolly just gonna wait till I buy a turbo kit and buy a 5'' system for an OBS PSD and just mod the down pipe

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Yeah I don't like that lol, I'll just do the down pipe mod on a obs psd and Have a great lookin system ;Sweet i'm thinkin about doin a 5'' straight pipe system with an 7'' or 8'' tip, just need a turbo first :rotflmao

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

This is how I got mine to come out after some welding. It would have been like the other picture if I would have used it the way I got it.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dynomax is a 2.25 y pipe to a 3 inch and then 4 inch from about the front of the rear doors out to the back and a 5 inch tip. I would have rather had the 4 inch pipe out the side and throw the chrome tip in the scrap but the pipe was to short to do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70