Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
my results from this past run,
206 HP at around 2600 rpm
444 ft lbs at 2100 rpm
max boost of 12.5 psi.

now for the jaw dropping part. i recently installed a moose pump on my truck, 2 weeks before the rally to be exact. during last years rally, i installed new pressure matched BB injectors. i ran before the injectors last year, and after install. the injectors now have around 10000 miles on them. here is the unbelivable numbers.....

last years run, PRE INJECTORS. my injectors were very sick.
134 hp, 283 ft lbs.
AFTER INJECTORS AND SETTING TIMING TO 9.5 degrees
157 hp, 311 ft lbs.
NOW WITH MOOSE PUMP
206 hp, 444 ft lbs.

TOTALING IT UP, in one year i gained 72 hp and 161 ft lbs with the install of BB injectors and a MOOSE!

your results may vary.... lol

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
heath's truck was very close to mine in the end. he should be along soon to post up.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
That surprises me.....I thought running an IC, Torque Cam, and a Moose Misters that he should have been higher on power.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same as Corey.

HP 206
Torque 444.

With some decompression and rings that aren't even close to being broken in, I'm very happy with those numbers. They will only get better with more time on the engine.

The truck made 123HP and 218 ft/lb the last time it was dyno'ed, so a gain of 83HP and 226 ft/lbs is a great improvment. In the real world appilication of that power, it hauls the camper so much better than it did even last year. Too bad the wiring harness melted down after a short under the dash yesterday. It's going to be down for a while.

Heath

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boy it sure looked like a fun rally. someday i will make it to one. this year i couldnt due to already taking my vacation to see my sister in az. hopefully i can make it next year. sorry to hear that heath. look at the bright side at least it didnt burn down the truck. but still wiring is not a fun thing at least i dont enjoy it much.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Just remember guys, not all dyno's are the same, I've seen 100 HP differences on the same truck on two different dyno's. If you're really using a dyno to check your performance mods. Keep using the same dyno. and operator if you can. The vids look good, but I really hate to see people standing that close to a truck on the rollers, There is a lot of things moving at high RPM's Just keep that in mind. Be Safe and think about where you are and what's around you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ4Or3k3Hv0

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yea that could get scary, They made sure everything was clear in front of the truck when they did the pulls. Most were standing to the side.

Good point on the Dyno Numbers as well.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
That video was crazy. I'll bet he needs a new driver's seat in addition to the straps he broke.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We had a safety brief before they started spooling them up. It was a close quarters shop and Aaron's team did a great job on the rollers.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The vids look good, but I really hate to see people standing that close to a truck on the rollers, There is a lot of things moving at high RPM's Just keep that in mind. Be Safe and think about where you are and what's around you

I was kind of shocked to see people in front of them like that...haven seen a vehicle come off a dyno once, can't recommend that, not to mention a 7000+ truck hitting the pavement at 3000 RPM! That'll leave a mark.

I did enjoy the video's though, looked like some awesome work being done!