1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dually front hub question

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by lotzagoodstuff, Jul 2, 2020.

1. lotzagoodstuff

lotzagoodstuff Supporting Member Supporting Member

So are the DRW hubs that go on a Dana 60 specific to 2WD or 4WD? I am considering a D60 swap on my CCLB DRW, and I came across a set of DRW hubs but they were on a 2WD truck.

Are they interchangeable?:dunno

2. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well... If they fit a D60 they're only for 4wd.... 2wd hubs are smaller on the inside as there's no axle to go through.

3. lotzagoodstuff

lotzagoodstuff Supporting Member Supporting Member

Gotcha. I figured they were not Interchangeable as the lockout/drive provisions had to be in the D60 version.

Sorry for the silly question, thanks for the quick response.

4. snicklas

snicklas 6.0 and Loving It!! Staff Member

Don't forget there are rear Dana 60's also......... They could be on a 2wd or 4x4...... make sure they are talking about Dana 60 dually FRONT "adapters".... not the rear Dana 60 hub/brake drum combo.......

chillman88 and lotzagoodstuff like this.
  5. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Good point that I had forgotten. For what it's worth, for anyone reading this thread, I have heard the Dana 60 rear is significantly weaker than the sterling 10.25 that came in these trucks. I'd hate for someone to accidentally "upgrade" to a weaker axle.....

I had to call someone out on a similar thing on Facebook. I felt bad, but the guy had just dumped like $800 to replace his stock double piston front calipers with a smaller single piston caliper, simply because the vendor listed it as an "upgrade". It probably was an upgrade for the older GM trucks or maybe Dodge, but he lost like 1-2 square millimeters of piston surface area compared to the factory Ford calipers......