dtc's multiplue issues

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
today i pluged in my new programmer to my truck (2002 ford f-350 psd 7.3L) and before i could start uploading my new programs it scanned my trouble codes and found 3 active faults, P1670 electrical feedback fault, P0381 something with the glowplug curcuit, and a P1247 turbo boost low. called around a few shops and they said turbo boost low could be cause of bad wastegate actuator stuck open, they mentioned several other things, all of which i have noticed recently, blowing a small amount of black smoke, less power, lower mpgs. and all points back to trouble codes. any ideas where to start????????? need help.:dunno

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clear the codes, its darn hard telling how long they have been present. See what if any of them come back and then lets start diagnosing.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
i did that today, i know my 1 code for the turbo low boost was caused from a sticking wastegate module, i got a new one from BDdiesel on the way, special ordered and will be here in the morning. got from them for 206$, the ford dealership wanted 450$ for theres. i hope BDdiesels fits. i hear they are pretty good though.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
dtc issues

well, that wastegate module came in, got it installed after much cussing and wrench tossing, darn "e" clip didnt want to come off. but anyhow, got that replaced and cleared my trouble codes, none of them came back, yet... but my milage went from 13mpg to 17.5mpg in less than 1 tank full with the help of my programmer.