DRW/SRW beds???????

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad, i could keep an eye out down here for parts for you guys in the rust belt. I hit the salvage yards about once a month.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all gotta realise brad knows everything and is always right.

i have many places around me with new take offs just waiting to be bought.friend of mine from NH bought one for 600.00.a junkyard near me has 20 of them on trucks rust free.but they wont sell anything for some strange reason cookoo:dunno

mint SRW beds are all over the place out here for 200-300.the SRW bed i was talking about was just givin to me.rust free with a few dings from a lawnmower

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for a good SRW bed... The cheapest way to get one is to buy a complete truck. I just picked up a very solid 96 F350 crew for $600, but, it didn't have the factory bed, and the one installed on it needs sills and wheelwell patches. Going rate around here for a bed is $1000, but, I can find a $300 truck with a good bed cookoo
Back east where Goofy is(I'm from there) there is one company, and a couple salvage yards that import southern body panels, and make a fortune. I remember being quoted $1500 for an 80-86 FlareSide bed that needed new bed wood and had a cracked fender...

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Single to Dually Bed Conversion

Just wanted to get back to the question: what's involved in changing the SRW bed to DRW? Inquiring (or ignorant in my personal case) minds still want to know, regardless of how rusty :eek: or how much :dunno the parts cost :angel:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You would need DUALLY bed sides and dually fenders.

maybe RON has some pics of his dually bed when he painted his blue truck

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh really lol? what do they look like on? real bad?

i recently saw one guy with a f250 dually convert,who simply used a sheet of diamond plate aluminum.it actually didn't look bad at all.
he didn't fold it up like fender flare or anything,just used it like a large lip up under the fender and coming out enough.- did i explain that right? anyway.it looked ok.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
oh really lol? what do they look like on? real bad?

i recently saw one guy with a f250 dually convert,who simply used a sheet of diamond plate aluminum.it actually didn't look bad at all.
he didn't fold it up like fender flare or anything,just used it like a large lip up under the fender and coming out enough.- did i explain that right? anyway.it looked ok.

I guess you were not following the other thread. They are not factory, so they are Hacked to him

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, it looks to me like a SRW bed could be easily cut back and the DRW bulkheads tack welded in place to make it into a DRW bed.

I'm betting the local Stealership parts book has the DRW sheetmetal part numbers and description. You would spend a few bucks for the bulkhead pieces and need to make a pattern off of a DRW bed with the fenders off.

Harbor Freight sells a neat little air operated nibbler to do the cutout without distortion. I have one. It's fast, but better than a jigsaw. Draw the line, do the cut. fit the bulkhead pieces.. tack weld them. Paint, install the dually fenders... Good to go..

Look closely at the pics in snicklas post above.. you can see the bulkheads clearly.

Get'r done !!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Those "bulkhead" pieces are part of the dually bed side and are not sold separately. And the bed side is rolled in around the wheel opening

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7