drivers side fuel filter?

40dog

Reaction score
hello i have a 87 f350 4x4 with a 7.3 non turbo idi my fuel filter is on the drivers side and most i see are on the pass side i know the motor is not original . is this typical or did this motor come out of some fleet style truck or something. what do ya think

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a pic well be able to tell some heavy trucks had it there so it depends on the bracket

40dog

Reaction score
iwill try to post tomorrow with a pict this has got me wondering

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an engine from a van, they have the filter on the driver-side of the IP on a massive cast-aluminum tower.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh well i idnt no vans were backwards

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. The vans have a couple of differances.... Like the oil cooler manifolds and the drivers side exhaust manifold. I believe they also use another cylinder for the timing instead of number one... I think its number four...:dunno

40dog

Reaction score
here is a view of my fuel filter set up the engine says it meets emissions for 1990 so it must be a 90 or newer

Attachments

• 465.JPG
    465.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 54

40dog

Reaction score
here the full view of her

Attachments

• 060.JPG
    060.JPG
    491.6 KB · Views: 29

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i got a 93 an it looks like the same kind of setup just on the opposite side? but nice truck man i like how the hood an finders open up together!!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here the full view of her

:thumbsup: NEAT!!!! :thumbsup:

Give us some more info on the tilt-front.

I never seen one quite like it.

The hood and front fender sections appear to be fiberglass; are they ??

As neat as it is, it would have been better if those inner fender-walls were eliminated to give the better engine access typical of tilt-fronts.

The batteries could be relocated from under the hood. :)

40dog

Reaction score
well the po was a big rig guy and he had installed the hood set up its all glass "fiberglass" that is and he removed the mech fan it has dual ecectric fans wich tilt withhood when open its great but the day a deer or a tree comes in front of it i dont think i will have the money to replace it had to be pricey when the po bought it . hope to give her a coat of white this summer shes gonna look rich then.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its great but the day a deer or a tree comes in front of it i dont think i will have the money to replace it

Build a big :backoff STOUT :backoff bumper, with a full-coverage grille-guard that pivots and latches in the upright position.

I would move the batteries out of the engine compartment and trim away those inner fender-walls. :)

40dog

Reaction score
yes yes we could do that not a bad idea at all but i will have add it to my list there are afew things ahead of it but you will probably see that! im going to look for a grill guard at some of the yard sales this summer and fab it this winter maybe

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Build a big :backoff STOUT :backoff bumper, with a full-coverage grille-guard that pivots and latches in the upright position.

Kinda hard to cut away the inner fenders being thats what holds the rad support in an upright position

I would move the batteries out of the engine compartment and trim away those inner fender-walls. :)

Kinda hard to cut away the inner fenders being thats what holds the rad support in an upright position

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Staff online

Members online