Dps Injectors

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
Yeah so i'm looking at some new injectors for the hoss called dps today they seem super reasonable at $288 for new injectors wondering whop has these installed and what kind of gains you got?? Also who else makes injectors for the idi's??

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
There have been quite a few reports of poor QC from Ken's injectors. Lot's of leaking, poor spray patterns. Stock injectors will flow more than your pump can produce. Stock delphis with a moose pump oughta be pretty good. Ken is also supposed to be pretty hard to get in contact with most of the time, and takes a long time doing things.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Ken can be hard to get on the phone. But, he got my IP and injectors to me with in a week of sending him my cores. I've had the IP and stage 1's on my IDI for almost 2 years without problem. I didn't use new injectors either, just modified rebuilds. Anyway, Lots and lots of fuel. I need more boost than the Banks will provide at WFO. It doen't roll coal unless I want it too. Overall, I've been very pleased with DPS and Ken's IP and stage 1's.

And... DPS/Ken is the only source for modified injectors for the IDI's.

Heath

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
I installed his Stage 1's injectors. I don't recommend them, the gain isn't justifiable IMO.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some of kens junk sitting in a drawer at home. From day one, I had problems with injectors leaking and or not firing at all. After one month in my truck, I had 2 dead holes, and terrible mileage. When I took the injectors to a local shop for some help, they just pour fuel out the tips (on the ones that worked) with NO atomization. I tried for weeks to reach ken to get a refund- he never returned any of my calls. I ended up with 8 new Delphi injectors from the local shop, which work great and my truck runs like a top. Now, Kens IP is leaking fuel all over my valley pan, and I'm stuck with that bill too.

He's next to impossible to get hold of, and when you do, it's only long enough for him to take your money. There is no QC or warranty, and he can't be reached if you have trouble.

Save yourself the headache and put in new stock Delphis and a good rebuilt stock pump that has the fuel turned up. Dont give Ken any money.

Ryan

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those glow plugs are for gm diesels late 70's early 80's. They work if you are converting to a push button system. They won't fit stock.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam those are the ones from the slow glow 12V systems from 5.7 diesels then? Seems like they might work with the stock 6.9 system but definitely not the 7.3 sold state system.

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought several items from www.mwfi.com and had no complaints, their injector prices seem reasonable at $24 each for the a-d codes and $32 for the g's, all new delphi.
JwS

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
Some say he's good but the majority seem to not like his products.........hum. just looking for a bit more power out of the truck i'm commited to puttting on a single stack right now as i have a down pipe for an exhaust system right now just looking for a 3"to 4.5" adapter to complete the project sounds sweet lots of rumble right now. ah well

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jd those are what I have seen in all my 6.9s that have been converted. When I order them from the parts store I ask for the first year 5.7 diesel glow plugs. They do work. I haven't tried or seen them in a 7.3. Usually the 7.3systems can be fixed cheaply.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. How long does the controller leave those 12V glow plugs on? They should be pretty immune to the quirks of the latching relay. I like the 7.3 system. I've had it in my 6.9 truck for over 3 years and just burnt out the first one. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I just have to find which one it is.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ryan-
Your truck is telling you it's ready for the Moose.

I know. I just don't how a Moose will act here in the desert... I'm at 5200' elevation...and am wondering about the ability to get enough air into the engine to go along with all that fuel. In the winter, when it's nice and cold I can run about 9-10 psi through the old truck with my ATS kit. In the heat of the summer, I'm lucky to see 7 psi, even with my intercooler. I'm tempted to go see my friends here at Central Motive that hooked me up with my injectors and see what they can build.

Ryan

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. I just don't how a Moose will act here in the desert... I'm at 5200' elevation...and am wondering about the ability to get enough air into the engine to go along with all that fuel. In the winter, when it's nice and cold I can run about 9-10 psi through the old truck with my ATS kit. In the heat of the summer, I'm lucky to see 7 psi, even with my intercooler. I'm tempted to go see my friends here at Central Motive that hooked me up with my injectors and see what they can build.

Ryan
I got my truck set pretty conservative as far as the boost is concerned. only time I saw elevated soot production was in Reno, NV. Total volume out of these pumps are roughly the same, but I think where Mel's Moose really kicks in is in the timing curve. Still, you are smart enough to let up on the pedal when you see the EGT's creep upwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online