Door seal

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
What size clear plastic hose do you use on the inside of the door seals to make a better seal? I cant remember where I seen someone do this.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size clear plastic hose do you use on the inside of the door seals to make a better seal? I cant remember where I seen someone do this.

Well I hadn't heard about clear tubing but that may work ok, what I heard and don't know the size either is surgical tubing, hmm...guess it's time to take off a door seal at a pik a part and test fit some eh?;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The size is 1/4 inch. Home Depot has it the cheapest. You may end up repositioning your door strikers. Thats no big deal. Just draw a line around the striker before you attempt moving it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its about one million inches...:sly No, I don't recall. What you do it start the tubing in at the top rear. Lube with dish soap and push it in. You will find tiny holes in the inside of the weatherstrip. If you need to just use a razor knife to cut a small slit to fit it in. Have fun.. Its not difficult at all either and the sound deadening is priceless. I learned this from another member here long ago... I can't really take any credit for this discovery... Just pass it along...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online