Door Panels

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
on my 93 F250 my door panels are cracked, weathered and just all out look horrible! my truck has power windows and locks. i was wondering if i could swap out door panels from a 87-91 and they would work as long as i got the different switches for the windows, i wonder if the back of the plugs are the same so i wont have to wire splice. i like those panels better cause in the 93 my leg rests against the lock/ window piece on the door panels and its rather uncomfortable after a while and the door locks are in a bad spot up on the top, i find myself locking the door by accident sometimes. any thoughts or suggestions, thanks

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Good question........I have wondered the same thing myself. I am just waiting for the truck to be old enough that they start producing the panels like they do for the older trucks. I have exactly the same problem with my inside door panels as you described yourself. The older door panels have tempted me as well but I always figured the switches being different would make things wierd and also the different shape where it meets the dash may not look so good.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
to my understanding... and diggin in the fords at the pulling yard, the plug is close on some years, and the pins can be removed and switched very easy!
i know the early 90 models are the same back just different fronts?
I had some pics some where i'll have to look?

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
I'll pull the panel for ya on the 88 tomorrow, but my hunch is ain't gonna work fit wise with the dash. I wanted to go the other way and ditch the 87-91 style cuz I'm always hittin the lock with my knee and not noticing.

Adrianspeeder

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I'll pull the panel for ya on the 88 tomorrow, but my hunch is ain't gonna work fit wise with the dash. I wanted to go the other way and ditch the 87-91 style cuz I'm always hittin the lock with my knee and not noticing.

Adrianspeeder

The dash...... i forgot about that....:eek:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i find myself locking the door by accident sometimes. any thoughts or suggestions, thanks
I wanted to go the other way and ditch the 87-91 style cuz I'm always hittin the lock with my knee and not noticing.

Glue a thumb tack on the panel where you are bumping the lock. You'll learn really quickly not to do it:eek: -cuss

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 87-91 panel will fit in the 92-97 cabs but will look absolutely stupid as they wont flow with the dash and wing window.

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Well, i guess with all that being said i will stick with the newer panels and try to find a replacement set.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Thanks Adrianspeeder for the pics, i will check out what my plugs look like and see if it will even work.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
As Rich said, the panels are a no-go. As far as switches, the wires and their functions may be the same, but the switches themselves are different. Also as someone else suggested, you could re-pin the wires to the different switches if you so desired. Although I did like the door panels in my '92 better, I had the same problem with my knee wearing the material where the switches are. Why not just get new '88-91 door panels? They're not bad with the exception of the switch location. I would watch eBay for a good set. I see them every once in awhile. LMC has replacement door panels that are "similar" to the originals, but not exact.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk