dont know whats left to do.....

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a real bad area for causing problems. I check the harness on everyone I work on as a matter of routine. I've had several with a stall issue where this was the cause.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No chaffe's on my buddy's truck...All the CPS wires had 1 ohm or less back to the PCM with no shorts to each other or to ground...No sign's of green stuff. I don't here the GPR clicking when the WTS light is on so I'm wondering if the PCM isn't toast...I'm at a loss here.:dunno...I'm going to borrow my buddy's Snap-On scanner and run some tests with it to see if it will pin point something....Other than that it's time for the hook.-cuss....Glad it's not my truck...Plowing season is coming and this truck is less than reliable since last spring....I can hear my phone ringing now with him asking for 2 things..."Plow my customers and then fix my friggin truck again":puke:

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why we drive IDIs. For the most part all we need to do is hook a hot wire to the pump and away we go.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
Im supposed to pick it up from the shop today, they said they fixed it. it was a faulty IPR apparently. they put a gauge on it while cold and let it run while monitoring the oil press. and as it warmed up the press went down causing the PCM to shut down the engine due to low pressure. which is what it was doing to me. but i have no access to fancy gauges and stuff. But they assured me they got er done so we will see. set me back 600 freakin dollars though.uugh. 1500 bucks total and about 5 months trying to get that ***** figured out. sucks working on a tight ass budget.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I tried my buddy's scanner on the truck - lots fo huei pressure but still no cranking speed and the GP's don't cycle so we are leaning towards a bad PCM. I'm trying to round up another known good one but he ordered a brand new one from Ford - $550.....yikes...I hope it works...LOL

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
I tried my buddy's scanner on the truck - lots fo huei pressure but still no cranking speed and the GP's don't cycle so we are leaning towards a bad PCM. I'm trying to round up another known good one but he ordered a brand new one from Ford - $550.....yikes...I hope it works...LOL

don't buy one from a dealer, go here http://autocomputerexchange.com/
they are a lot cheaper. same for IDM's. dealer quoted me a price of $1200. Got one from tthem and paid $250 with a lifetime warranty

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I put in the brand new PCM and it fired right up. I had a ***** of a time getting the old PCM out of the firewall. It was so badly corroded and rotten it welded itself to the mounting bracket inside the drivers side kick panel. I got it free after an hour and a half of friggin with it and replaced it. The original PCM had a hole eaten through it....My buddy is happy, the truck is working again and it's out of my yard...Bonus!...LOL