Doesn't make sense

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So upon trying to fix minor exhaust leak pre turbo, I managed to break a stud unknowingly somehow, started up didn't hear a leak however od I know how turbo whistle at idle with an ats o88 and it screamed like a 6.0 out the exhaust, ecstatic with my new sounds I drive down the road to discover I had 0 psi for boost but the most whistle id ever heard from it or most idi's and couldn't hear a leak. Upon further inspection a stud had broke and fallen off but the whistle was coming from end of exhaust and a leak so bad I could feel a steady stream of exhaust from the Up pipe sealing area. Why would it sound as it's spoolinf to the moon if it's getting almost no exhaust gasses pressure? I may video with sound tomorrow as this makes 0 sense right now lol before it's repaired and after I repair it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not sure whay an exhaust leak like you describe will cause a whistle especially out the exhaust tip and not the leak area.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i don't understand, I thought I fixed my exhaust leak and now had a boost leak some how but it's defiantly exhaust leaking, heading out to drill and bolt to fix to see what happens.