Doesn't make sense

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So upon trying to fix minor exhaust leak pre turbo, I managed to break a stud unknowingly somehow, started up didn't hear a leak however od I know how turbo whistle at idle with an ats o88 and it screamed like a 6.0 out the exhaust, ecstatic with my new sounds I drive down the road to discover I had 0 psi for boost but the most whistle id ever heard from it or most idi's and couldn't hear a leak. Upon further inspection a stud had broke and fallen off but the whistle was coming from end of exhaust and a leak so bad I could feel a steady stream of exhaust from the Up pipe sealing area. Why would it sound as it's spoolinf to the moon if it's getting almost no exhaust gasses pressure? I may video with sound tomorrow as this makes 0 sense right now lol before it's repaired and after I repair it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not sure whay an exhaust leak like you describe will cause a whistle especially out the exhaust tip and not the leak area.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i don't understand, I thought I fixed my exhaust leak and now had a boost leak some how but it's defiantly exhaust leaking, heading out to drill and bolt to fix to see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online