Does filtering WMO for fuel remove the soot?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
The smell while cf'ing wmo is abominable - and supposedly a cf gets it down to 1/10th of micron - still black. I've switched all my alt fuel to veggie as my trucks are set up with heat to handle it now. I've switched all my filtering to heat and settle and cf - much cleaner and hands off. Never need to touch a filter.

That said I still have about 100 gallons of filtered wmo I'll be running through when I get the garage clean enough to roll the barrels out :)

I ran my wmo in a heated system just like wvo - works fine - and you never have the stuttering in the winter or fuel starvation.

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rumor has it that 1 micron is roughly the size of diesel soot.However you could filter the oil until you were blue in the face and it would still come out black.Oil turns black because of the high temps of an engine.An oil could be very clean but still be black because it was overheated.so the blackness of an oil is an indicator of how long it was in an engine.However, ever notice how the oil from a vehicle seems way thicker than when its filtered/centrifuged? Its thicker because of all the carbon particles in suspension.filtering/centrifuging removes most of that carbon in suspension.

so rather than color,a better indication of carbon content is viscosity.clean oil-flows like new oil.Dirty oil flows like tar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online