Does anyone want my truck?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
True dat, my bro has had 3 lift pumps and 2 front end rebuilds on his 02 Ram. I think it just turned over 100K with about half of that towing a 28 'TT.
It's still a powerhouse though.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Sounds like my truck when the FSS was stuck open. Not that hard to change. I think it cost about $70 or $80 from some diesel parts supplier. But that was back on TDS before OB became the place to hang out.

hey what took you so long? :rotflmao :backoff Welcome!!!!:rotflmao

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the senders will need to be replaced to make the gauges work right. They go for about 80 bux apiece plus shipping at fordparts.com. I think they can be had from Jegs or JC Whitney also. The dealer is going to be $100 and up per each on this item. The back and front senders are not the same. The sender is what causes the gauges to work. It measures resistance in the fuel tank. Travis(argve) really is the guy who knows about these things, and taught me everything I know about them. Basically I say it comes down to what you want. Do you want the trusty old IDI or the ISB. The ISB is a heckuva power plant easy to mod, has a saweet sound...etc, the IDI you know its simple, reliable, parts easy to come by etc etc. Both can be darn nice trucks and as I say its all about what you think is the best use of your money,
J.D.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All those problems are cheap compared to monthly payments on a bank loan, and I don't care for what truck. cookoo

Camarogenius

Reaction score
All those problems are cheap compared to monthly payments on a bank loan, and I don't care for what truck. cookoo
True, but after all the money I've already dumped in it, now I dump some more, and then deal with whatever comes next, at what point do you just realize you're dumping money down the toilet? So I fix all this stuff, I still have a $1500 truck? Maybe I dump a bunch more money in it and figure to drive it a few more years, and then the block goes to the big "C"? I dunno, I'm just tired of having to fix the damned thing. I never put my tools all away, cause I know I'll need them again in a day or two.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I know old truck usually need more maintanance but the new ones can break down to. they are much more expensive to fix on top of your payment a month and steeper insurance rates (usually).

although it might be nicer for you because it shouldent break down and might all be under some warrenty.

might miss the feel of some classic iron though.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey camaro, I dont know if you have seen what I did but I went thru my truck front to back and spent about 7k because I dont want anything newer.
Case in point, we have 8 new f150's:puke: at work, I set a 6cyl diesel smaller than a 6bt in the rear of the bed, tied it to the factory "tie downs" in the bed corners, slowed down from 55 to 35 for a small town and watched the engine slowly fall forward, thought dang the strap slipped. Much to my surprise the tiedowns held to the metal and RIPPED the rear corners out of the box, wish I had pics.:rotflmao
The moral is .NO thin new truck for me, I haul an 11 ft camper and I would like it tot stay in the bed;Sweet
Good luck with any decision you make.
I have the ability to do all the work myself so that saves tons on labor
my 2c
Russ

RedTruck

Reaction score
CamaroGenius,

I've had the chance to converse with you on a couple of different occasions here, and you seem to be a stand up guy. You've added a lot of interesting discussion to this community and it's been fun seeing you work through your troubles and trying different things.
Now your discouraged with your rig and you see that shiny new (to you) rig sitting on greener pastures. Naturally when you post in an old Ford diesel sight that you are looking at jumping ship for something younger, spunkier, and a whole lot curvier in all the right places the old bones here are going to give you some grief.

Bottom line, you have to decide what's best for you, but I'd sleep on it first.

Two threads of interest that should play some role in slanting your vote are the following:

Click Here

AND

Click Here

Good luck,

Paul

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Yeah, I know you guys are great at helping each other out, I'm just tired of wrenching because I have to. I don't mind wrenching for fun and improvements, But having to get my tools out at 6:00 am so I can get to work is beginning to get annoying.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I thought the statement was "I am buying a Dodge." and the questions are "Should I sell mine as is?" "Does anybody want it?" "Should I fix it and sell it?":confused:

Camarogenius

Reaction score
That's the plan, but my credit union doesn't see it that way. They want me to buy something less than 3 years old, with less than 80,000 miles, or something brand new.
I've got the credit to do that, but I can't swallow a $700 a month truck payment on a brand new truck.
I'm gonna fix the major stuff before I sell it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people are just cursed with bad luck. I dunno. I fix something once and it stays fixed. Maybe the key is preventive maintainance.

DowneyB

Professional
Reaction score
h2odrx,
I've been here a while. I've just been quiet. You know the old saying, 'It is better to stand there and look like a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.' Besides, I'm just a poor college student, what do I know?

sign_man

Reaction score
At least it is your toilet

dumping money down the toilet?
I tell ya, I got out of the cycle of making bankers rich a long time ago. If you get rid of all your payments, eventually you can pay someone else to fix the truck! As far as toilets go, next time you go to your credit union, go to the restroom. You are the one that bought that piece of porcelain! I don't care what you drive as long as you realize you'll never get ahead making payments. If you don't have the money to buy it, you can't afford it. I know your pain, I've gone to calling my truck the big white **** at times, for all the mechanical faults I've fixed, including U-joints last night and return injector hose this morning, but it's paid for, and truthfully, since I make my living with it, it has paid for itself.

Good luck

Phillip

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I hear that, I allmost kick myself in the a$$ for taking a loan to buy my 93 IDI. But it is in such great shape, I couldn't pass it up. $6500 to buy it, $2000 left to pay on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.