Does a Tuner need a aftermarket exhaust?

o5Superduty

Reaction score
So my 2005 ford f250 has ak&N intake and a diablo sport tuner, currently set on the economy tune. Anyways my question is if i am not beating on my truck.. i drive it like a friggin 80 year old grandma (the slow and sane ones) d i really need to upgrade to a 4inch turbo back? or are my EGT going to be ok ?

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Don't guess on exhaust temps.....install a pyro so you know what they are.
Your temps will prolly be fine with the economy tune, but I personally like to know exactly what my temps are.
To answer your second question, while you don't have to upgrade the exhaust, it sure wouldn't hurt a thing to go 4 inch.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pyro is a must have.

Exhaust is totally optional.

lukesdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard some horror stories about the 6.0 and the Diablo programmer... To much Timeing on the stock headgasket. But no mater what programmer or box you use always install atleast a Pyro to keep your EGT's in check. You don't want to burn a piston. I prefer the SCT in the 6.0's.

HeavyAssault

Wicked Weasel Lover
Reaction score
I run an Insanity tune from Elite Diesl with no pyro, and haven't had any issues. (Yea I know I'm askin for it)

Ditch the K&N and the Diablo, install the OEM filter system, get a SCT, any flavor power elbow, a MBRP down pipe and cat delete pipe. Have fun dusting the kiddies and wanna-be's.....