Do E3 plugs really do anything?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My input on the 4 prongs is to not waste money on them. Think about it, no matter how many side electrodes your plug has you will ALWAYS have only ONE spark at a time. The olny benifit that they can claim is the spark is not shielded by the electrode as in a standard sparkplug, so this could traslate into quicker lighting of the air/fuel mixture but would it really make a difference???
I dont have much to say on the e-3's because I dont know much about them, but if you wana try them and see if they make a difference I dont see where it would hurt anything.
My choice would be an Irridium plug like the Autolite XP's but they are pricy. Your truck would be just fine with a finewire platnum plug like Motorcraft or Autolite platniums. (they are made in the same factory)

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands down the best dollar-to-performance ratio will come from a good brand of regular copper plugs, but you wont be able to run them for years and years on end. In that situation an iridium or platinum type is fine. This is a lot like the motor oil debate and is largely a matter of hair-splitting.

FWIW, I ran good old NGK coppers in my old 300, and NGK Iridiums in the wife's F-150 4.6L V-8 (only because changing the plugs is a ROYAL pain on that cluster-fk of a motor)

badaceds650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of e3 in my 00 f150 5.4 bi fuel cng, and they work great, which to get a plug to fire on cng is tricky some times. e3's work better for my truck at least then motorcraft do. As for power I haven't noticed a difference on power.

OkieTruckerD

A Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I ran the Bosch Platinum +4 (four prong) in my 89 ford e-150 with an N code 302, and I haven't had a lick of trouble out them. These e-3's, I don't know about them. They look like they too much metal in the electrode. I bought one for my chainsaw (have yet to install it). I'd stick with the tried and true Bosch's for the older Fords, as for the OBD 2 and newer, probably stick with OEM. Feel free to disagree, inform me, enlighten me.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have no idea, the guy at Autozone just said that they wouldnt work with my motor... the 4 pronged ones. so i just got some bosch single pronged platinum's. seem to wake the ole motor up alot.. next is a fuel filter and maybe a MSD ignition or Hypertech’s Power Coil or hyper techs power module that piggy backs on the trucks computer..

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have no idea, the guy at Autozone just said that they wouldnt work with my motor... the 4 pronged ones. so i just got some bosch single pronged platinum's. seem to wake the ole motor up alot.. next is a fuel filter and maybe a MSD ignition or Hypertech’s Power Coil or hyper techs power module that piggy backs on the trucks computer..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online