Divorced NP205 t-case install.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No, we hit a little speed bump last weekend. Jim came down with a bad batch of something so he was out of commision on the weekend and then on Monday his neck made some bad sounds and now he can't turn his head.:dunno ....Needless to say he didn't get the crossmember done. He's hoping to get back on it this weekend....At the very least I could do the work as he instructed so we keep things rolling. He ordered my stub shaft parts, all Spicer with HD u-joints.

Last weekend I painted all the front axle, steering and suspension under the truck. I also installed the clutch inspection plate (had a broken bolt in the BH I had to remove), I re-bleed the clutch and checked the freeplay. So basically I'm waiting on the t-case crossmember. I'm just about out of little things that need to be finished....I've been killing time working on a $150 Ski-doo Elan 250 single that I bought on Monday from a co-worker. I finally got it running tonight....It's rough but worth fixing up for a few romps through the trails...Some paint, a few parts, minor rust repair and some general TLC will yield a fun little machine.;Sweet

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's rough but it runs and has potential....Puddy in my hands...LOL...Simplicity at it's finest and 30-40mph on a sled is all I want to go.

You must be registered for see images attach

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that sled going to be powered by an idi:dunno ..............:D

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Alright, back to the Ford...LOL....I paid for my 7" stub shaft today, $260 out of my wallet.:eek: :puke: .....We are supposed to be mounting the t-case in the truck tommorow night and fabricating the trans crossmember as well. If it goes according to plan I should have it ready for a test drive Wednesday or Thursday. I needed a CV style yoke for the front shaft to fit the 205, luckily I found what appears to be the right one on the 203 that I just bought.:thumbsup: Cross your fingers and wait for the pics.;Sweet

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
:rock: I need all the help I can get....LOL....I'm growing very tired of driving a Dodge....Gutless, ******* fuel and did I mention it's a DODGE.....cookoo

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A little update. The 205 is hanging under the F250, looks sweet.:D .....I fabricated the trans crossmember last night, I'm taking it to work to finish welding it today. The driveshafts both have to be cut shorter and that is being done today as well. Basically I have to drill the frame and finishing bolting in both crossmembers, fix the exhaust (had to cut a piece out for the t-case), install the shafts, paint everything, build a shifter mount/linkage and fill the t-case with oil before I can road test it.....Pics to come tonight. I didn't get in from the garage until 12.45am so I'm a little ***** this morning...LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
$246 later I have my shafts back, that add's up to $500 in shaft work to finish the swap. I should be atleast doing a 2wd test drive tonight, I might run out of time to finish the custom 4wd shifter linkage. I need to drive the truck as the f-inlaws Tercel is broken and he needs his Dodge...LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The drivers side outer axle boot came off.....A MONTH ago he tells me so now the axle is toast.:rolleyes: I have to make a trip to my buddies junkyard to get an axle this weekend so he can sell the car.:backoff ...Gives me a reason to get the F250 back on the road.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online