Divorced NP205 t-case install.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet looks awesome ....

here is a pic I came across a while ago and really like the idea behind it. Perhaps you can work something like this out for skid plate?

Based on what you have on the go already it would be fairly simple to make up the rest and have a nice Bullet Proof undercarriage;Sweet

As for (Cry) Rockwells check this out http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647661

Always so far away...

Attachments

• skid plate cross member.jpg
    skid plate cross member.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 41

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I don't really need that as I won't be offroading with this truck....Mostly hauling firewood out of the forest, hauling gravel, driving in snowstorms and maybe some snow-plowing. The trans crossmember will be made of the same material - I bought some more steel today. He's finishing the t-case crossmember Sunday and when he comes out on Tuesday we'll make the trans crossmember and measure for the shafts....Should be back on the road late next week with any luck. I'm supposed to have those 2 other 205's delivered to me tommorow....Cross your fingers...LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UM well sounds good bout the 205's I got one in my backyard ready to have the dual shifter mod done to it, then it's the longterm issue of that 203 gear case for a double reduction setup!

Seeing as yer a wheeler dealer....please:hail keep your eyes open for some (Cry)cookoo Rockwells for me :D

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Well, buddy never showed up with the t-cases so I guess I'll have to chase him too....-cuss ...I've never seen Rockwell axles around here for sale but....If your in the market for Unimog portal axles look at this:

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...clear-Tires-snowchains-tent-W0QQAdIdZ35450702

We have about ten 1969 Unimogs in our compound at work....A local guy rents the storage space from us....He buys them in Switzerland and re-sells them here....They are mint, like they came out of a time capsule....Not my bag - I like a woods buggy that I can buy parts for at Crappy Tire....:rotflmao

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I would most certainly entertain Unimog axles in a heart beat -Drool-Drool-Drool again..

I would love a set of Mog axles or Rockwells either will suffice, I think Rockwells with Portals would be the ultimate if a person could find or build such a axle....

I made contact with the person in that add so I'll see if those can be had for a reasonable price.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Looky here what I bought for $250 today:D .... A married 205, divorced 205 and a married 203....Took me while but I finally have some spare parts...LOL....Al will be drooling over the 203 range section...I can hear the words "DOUBLER" coming at any second...:Thumbs Up ....The divorced 205 has a rust hole in the top but it's still full of oil and everything looks ok....Spares is what I needed and spares is what I got.:thumbsup:

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Ya Doubler for sure...with Triple shifters no less. Good Score Stuart, excellent score, I paid 125 for my 205 so you did well....I still have to actually go pull the 203 out of the truck but I already have it...just got to pull it and it's going to be stripped of the gear box then that box rebuilt and placed on shelf till I can afford a doubler adapter myself.

Kinda like this setup here

BTW Stuart, how far from those MOG parts in Halifax do you think you are?

Attachments

• Shifters.jpg
    Shifters.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm about 45 minutes to 1hr from those axles....I don't know if I'll ever build a doubler for my F250, but it is nice to have the stuff to do it for a dedicated woods buggy in the future....Something like a big block Bronco with a C6 would meet the bill.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I'm about 45 minutes to 1hr from those axles....I don't know if I'll ever build a doubler for my F250, but it is nice to have the stuff to do it for a dedicated woods buggy in the future....Something like a big block Bronco with a C6 would meet the bill.

Big block?? why not a 7.3 IDI?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, fill me in on the doubler stuff. I have several 203 Tcases layin around that I need outta my way. What needs to be done to use one as a doubler?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Big block just for ****'s and giggles.....Big tube headers and a 850 double pumper....Nothing like that sound wide open in a swamp hole.:D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big block just for ****'s and giggles.....Big tube headers and a 850 double pumper....Nothing like that sound wide open in a swamp hole.:D

OH YAAAAA!!!!!!!:love: ;Sweet cant beat the sound of a fire breathing open headered big block gasser in the woods!!!

anyways your truck is lookin good.you will be happy with that ZF5!i know i am!!!although i do miss the auto

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Thanks, I hope to have it on the road the end of this coming week if all goes well....I'm going to keep plugging a long to make it happen....I'm getting tired of that cheaply built, gutless Dodge Dakota.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online