Discouraging Buying Experience

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of ford idi trucks for sale on craigslist. Often times, there are more issues with flaky vehicle owners than finding a nice truck. Steer away from vehicle owners who are not following legal vehicle documentation.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my concern is the current owner has demonstrated a serious lack of understanding of a diesel's electrical system. this is the #1 killer of any ford. I have a clean f250 SC with a brunt electrical. the PO smoked the wiring from the solenoid to the slider switch in the column. he had it for sale for at least six months with no serious bites. I offered $200 and he bit down so he didn't have to pay for yet another month's of storage.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
come on guys....steer him toward my truck LOL

seriously though id be looking elsewhere. they are out there...

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my advice? RUN AWAY, while you still can.

X2

This truck just ain't worth the headache. Walk and you'll find another one that fits the bill. You must have patience, though. It took me about six months of searching the local classifieds and craigslist to find my truck.

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for weighing in on this!

I am leaning towards walking away from this one. Too many unknowns and odd things going on. The guys sheer lack of getting ready to sell this thing to me really bothers me, I gave him almost a week for me to go pick it up. He didn't even bother to check the title or even something as basic as the fuel level.

Long story short I am looking back in my original range of 2 to $3000 trucks. As it's unlikely I'll want to deal with this thing again. I've invested enough time and money in it. It's someone's way of showing that this isn't the one for me... Haha.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats about the best way to look at that truck and owner. Just continue to look and don't buy with your heart... Look for problems and ask here if they are big issues. Anything you find has been discussed here many times before.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old Frankie Sinatra's daughter says, "These boots where made for walking" Barnum said "A fool and his money are soon parted"

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or is the red coloring on freebird's truck kinda cool looking?

As for title issues, check the laws for your state. They vary widely. It could be a simple and not too expensive process. In Texas, that situation is not a big deal. Get the vin and call the state and find out what all is needed.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As for title issues, check the laws for your state. They vary widely. It could be a simple and not too expensive process. In Texas, that situation is not a big deal. Get the vin and call the state and find out what all is needed.

It's not just you. I saw the truck at the rally this year and the paint looked pretty sweet.

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it might not be that bad, I'm just at the end of my rope here with this thing. I could spend $1000 more and have $1000 less in problems to fix.

Also it seems the airtube coming from the air cleaner on top of the engine is missing, would this cause any problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online