Differences between GV and Laycock OD

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what car would you be working on? It may be cheaper to buy a used adapter rather than going with the divorced unit. I dont like the idea of having two drive shafts.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
what car would you be working on? It may be cheaper to buy a used adapter rather than going with the divorced unit. I dont like the idea of having two drive shafts.

A custom project my son and I are fooling with, just about everything is going to be a ground up build. ( THis isn't going to get done anytime soon, we're talking slow going)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ebay usually has a guy in Aromus Ca that sells outrite most any adapter housing you need. Some I have seen listed are even new pieces. The most expensive ones I've seen listed were around $380.00 each. If GV is now selling these adapters outrite and for 200 to 250 more than their new price I'll bet you up around 600 to 1000 a piece for them.... Their really proud of what they sell...

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glenn seems to be a real nice guy and has helped me quite a bit. He has all my electronics right now fixing a bug for me. We talked the other day about making the gear vendor lock in OD before 47-48mph as mine was before. There new boxes they are programing are set closer to 40mph to shift into OD. I have my unit hard wired to a toggle switch right now and I hit it at 35-40mph.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats Maximum on ebay. I priced a new c6 adapter last month through gear vendor and it was going to be around $950 shipped to the door.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
New OD is in and working!

:D

I finally found some time to swap the GVO out for the Laycock that I picked up. Not too bad of a job. Just finished test driving it and I am very happy to report that it works perfectly!!

One small issue is the speedo gear in this unit is different than my old one. The old one was too fast and this one is too slow!! I may have to break down and order the right one. I need to pull the rear diff cover and see what gears are in there. The VIN says 3.55, the PO told me 4.11's and the tach bounces too much to get an accurate read. LOL

I talked to Maximum OD and I may send him my old unit to rebuild. His price seems quite reasonable. Plan is to install it in my '57 Harvester... which will require pulling the C6 and putting in a 4wd tailshaft so I can run a 205 transfer case. :sly

Minnesota_Duane

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where to find gaskets and O rings for a Gear Vendors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance