Dieselcraft Centrifuge Install Part:2

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just about got the centrifuge installed. See link

I just need to tap into a wire that's hot only when the engine is running.

I put a wire on the oil pressure sender and tested it with my test light. It didn't glow much so it just must be a signal to the gauge.

Maybe I could use the signal to trip a relay?

Any good places for easy access to 12volts when the engine is running?

I could use a regulated one way boost line for air instead of military and space designed pump.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red wire in the harness for that useless low-vacuum switch is key-on. But that's on the other side of the engine bay... Actually I just read your article - there ain't no wire that's only hot while the engine is running, it's all either key-on or constant power, nothing engine-speed dependent... You could get some sort of a time-delay setup that powers up the centrifuge say a minute after the ignition has been turned on (plety of time to start up the engine), would that work?

Last edited:

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I need an engine on wire. The one you described is the wire I originally used it was on the driverside. Unless we're talking different things.

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind just got off the phone with Dieselcraft and they said it wouldn't hurt the air pump to pump air while the centrifuge isn't spinning and vice versa. If the air isn't going you just have an oil cooler versus a working centrifuge.

Still the question remains. Do we have a circuit that runs only when the engine does? In the fuse box or a 12 volt wire.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I would think there would be a way of wiring something off the alternator charge circuit that would only come on when the engine is running...

you could also set up a "voltage threshold relay" that closes when the circuit voltage goes above 13 volts...

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paved roads: A fine example of needless government spending

Nice quote SparkandFire if that is your real name?

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Paved roads: A fine example of needless government spending

Nice quote SparkandFire if that is your real name?

I guess it's sort of an "occupational nickname" They call me the "spark and fire guy" here because I do the electrical work (spark) and maintain/operate the steam boilers (fire)

LOL

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steam boilers are sweet. I've been thinking of adding a steam engine to my truck. I would use the exhaust after the turbo as a boiler. Since more than half of your engines energy is wasted in the form of heat. I would connect the steam engine to the front of the engine with a clutch. Steam peak torque 1 rpm and diesel good after that so a Yin and Yang type of system. You could run the steam engine with another seperate boiler and shut big engine down in traffic and idling. Also have a hydraulic motor powered by steam engine and high pressure tanks for assisting engine stop and go and slow and go.

[url]www.greensteamengine.com[/URL]

Cyclone Power Technologies

They got a land speed racer thats going to beat the Brits. The original record stood a long time from 1903 and 127 mph something like that anyways way faster than any external combustion engine of the time.

The key is to combine the best of internal and external combustion in one engine. ******s did it.

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For starters I'm going to run the steam engine from the exhaust heat and make electricity for my HHO generator using platinum plates instead of stainless steal which can produce Hexavelant Chromium nasty stuff.

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I should be able to get rid of my starter and batteries with this:

Ternal Engine

External + Internal =Ternal Combustion

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The final stage would be a closed cycle diesel engine. To do this connect exhaust pipe to intake and run it like a refrigerator.

Inject Oxygen and carbon based fuels and take out water, power, and diamonds.

Chemical vapor deposition to turn carbon into diamonds.

Then the problem will be too little C02 in the air. You guessed it Global Colding will ravage the earth. So ironically I'll take the system apart and run it smokey until we get the proper CO2 balance whatever that is?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
on the ip the red with a green stripe is hot while key on and cranking. MSD makes rpm activated switches. so wire it up with a relay and the msd chip and depending on the chip you get have it set to come on at say 600rpm and it will work just like you want. summit or jegs should carry them.

1Turbo10

Reaction score
Put a Hobbs switch on the oil pressure feed and that will solve your problem.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a Hobbs switch on the oil pressure feed and that will solve your problem.

Oh yah, there ya go, I can't believe I didn't think of that!!! Probably don't even need a Hobbs switch, just a factory pressure switch for the gauge would work fine with a SPDT (5-pole) Bosch-style relay...