Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

35's on stock ride height...yeah baby! ;Sweet

Last edited:

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how I see it,depends on what you are doing with it,I have had many 4X4's and if you wheel hard as I do you WILL break something,I always had built beater jeeps so when I slid into a tree I didn't care,if your truck is nice it won't be for long.
I never go fast into a "puddle" A puddle to me on my trails can be 3-8 ft deep,see what it is before doing that!!! We now have a "puddle" called Ranger lake,(figure it out) my buddy went with his 01 ranger went FAST into it and ended up in mud up to the the bottom of the side windows,ins. does not cover this!!
Also any good tight trail will not have the room for a full size truck to squeeze through without bush rubbing on that nice paint.
My advice: if it is a beater go for it!!!!!!!!!!
I have to dig for the good pics,this is all I have on my computer right now.

Attachments

• 100_3563.JPG
    100_3563.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 13

Diesel_Junkie

Reaction score
dont get water in the fuel tank.... thats a big no no with diesels, but gassers dont care much about.

Just like everybody else said, dont intake water either. gas or diesel it iwill be a problem, but remember that the diesels have a much higher compression ratio than a gasser, so the poteneial for a bent conn rod from hydrolock is potentially worse.

The big benefit of a diesel is that there is no ignition system to get wet. Distributers work like crap with some water under the cap, but diesels are immune.

I think a lot of the military installations do a little bit of water proofing to the motor then run them fully submerged with nothing but an intake and exhaust exposed.

One problem i have had in the past is that you want to be careful of a submerged tail pipe on a gasser, if you are idling, it is hard to make enough pressure in the exhaust flow to push the gasses along without stalling. A diesel might be better because they move so much more air at idle, but i have not tested this theory yet.

Good luck.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not everyone has the $$$ to build a purpose built offroader, alot of us have to run what we have.......

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
not everyone has the $$$ to build a purpose built offroader, alot of us have to run what we have.......
My heep cost me a total of 1100.00,hardly not worth buying to wheel to keep my nice vehicles nice!!
I Mr. cheap over here!!

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well....someone steer me towards a project like that....i'm gonna lift my 82 burb, the lift isnt much, 500 for 6" suspension....its the tires and wheels thats gonna kill me, unless anyone out there has some 6 lug 15X12's they wanna get rid of CHEAP!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online