Diesel Power Error

97rattlebox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For those of you awaiting your Oct. issue of Diesel Power, and for those of you who've gotten yours, I figured I would try to tell you there is one error I am very sorry for. In the top right hand corner of the spread page, Oilburners is misspelled and reads Oldoilers. For this I am truly very sorry, as it was beyond me. All I can say is that one less employee is now on our staff, and the copyediting is a little in the lacking department now. I certainly hope I didn't offend any of you on this site. Thanks.

-Mike McGlothlin

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its alright man ;Sweet

But now to seal the deal on the apology you have to run a feature on one of our trucks ;Sweet LOL....I'll volunteer mine ;Sweet :D

Or build one up with the help of our knowledge on here, like you did to that old first gen dodge 12 valve ;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Mike, I noticed the error. It made me laugh to be honest, and I just had to post about it. lol
I guess you'll just have to do a feature article on one of the members trucks, and you can fix the error in that article. ;)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
i like that idea justin, how about a build up mike!?!?!?

Yeah, it doesnt have to be anything fancy. Start out with an N/A IDI, dyno it stock. Then turn the fuel up some, intake, exhaust, dyno it. Tranny upgrades, dyno it. Fuel economy along the way. Then turbo, and more fuel. Could be like a $6000 budget, then compare with a stock OBS PSD that you could pick up for that price ;Sweet. Thats what I'm thinking ;Sweet. I see more and more guys looking into these trucks on other sites cause they are cheap, parts are cheap, they are everywhere, and they get decent fuel economy/burn anything you put in them. I think it would be a great idea to do a build up of one ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
Yeah, it doesnt have to be anything fancy. Start out with an N/A IDI, dyno it stock. Then turn the fuel up some, intake, exhaust, dyno it. Tranny upgrades, dyno it. Fuel economy along the way. Then turbo, and more fuel. Could be like a $6000 budget, then compare with a stock OBS PSD that you could pick up for that price ;Sweet. Thats what I'm thinking ;Sweet. I see more and more guys looking into these trucks on other sites cause they are cheap, parts are cheap, they are everywhere, and they get decent fuel economy/burn anything you put in them. I think it would be a great idea to do a build up of one ;Sweet

that's a good spin for the article!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it Mike. I'm just glad you were able to do something on the Ford IDI's. Mistakes happen, and we all make'em.:D Did ya have fun at Sheid's Diesel Extravagansa? I'm sure it was a blast!

Anywho.......hope you can make it to Bowling Green for the rally in July.;Sweet

Heath

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
plus with the hundreds of people googling 'oldoilers.net' it's kept the flood down around here *laugh*

if ya wanna see real diesel power, let me borrow a camera, and I'll take pictures of my 1800hp Detroits and 4000hp EMDs when I go back to work tommorow, 645cu per cylinder, v16..... now if I could just fit it in a smaller vehicle.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
plus with the hundreds of people googling 'oldoilers.net' it's kept the flood down around here *laugh*

if ya wanna see real diesel power, let me borrow a camera, and I'll take pictures of my 1800hp Detroits and 4000hp EMDs when I go back to work tommorow, 645cu per cylinder, v16..... now if I could just fit it in a smaller vehicle.

aint that the truth on both paragraphs

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
with as many times as oldoilers.net is being mentioned on this site, it won't take too long before google's webcrawlers stumble across it and start pulling up oilburners as the only hit on that. Just kind of the round about way to come in.

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Man, I would buy two subscriptions if they ran a series of articles like this. One for me and one for the wife. May be a third for the dog

mR

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net Oldoilers.net

Just doing my part to get this site on the top of the google list for when someone types in Oldoilers.net

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not quit working just yet.........Google "Oldoilers" and we're not even on the 1st page.:puke:

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online