1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel craft centrifuges in mobile setup

Discussion in 'BioDiesel & Alternative Fuels' started by Mt_Man, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Shadetreemechanic

Shadetreemechanic Full Access Member

Yes the combo of hot water and simple green is best, but still not great.
    I usually take my WVO stuff to the car wash. It has hot high pressure spray. I use simple green full strength, let it soak for a minute or two and then pressure wash it.
    The only thing I have found better than that combo is 100% biodiesel, but its hard enough to come by that it seems a shame to use it as a degreaser.

Mt_Man likes this.
  2. Mt_Man

Mt_Man Registered User

centrifuge 4.jpg
    centrifuge 6.jpg
    centrifuge 7.jpg
    Turned out the guy ended up only having the oc-20 and not the oc-50 too. Oh well still a good deal. Simple green and hot water did work. It was able to get all the sticky residue off too. Hotel soap on the brush and simple green worked better then just simple green. I soaked the parts in some strong simple green for a while.
    I also tried pine-sol, hot water and soaking for an hour-ish. It kinda softened the veggie but not as well as simple green. :Thumbs Up

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  3. Mt_Man

Mt_Man Registered User

Can these centrifuge be put in series? To potentially make them single pass? Thinking up to maybe 2 or more. Now that I think of it, I don't think it can work. I do want to get a second gravity centrifuge to put in series to see how much more I can pull out from my current set up but that is easy

4. Coopons

Coopons Registered User

Could you not run your second centrifuge off the bypass line and use another valve to achieve the correct pressure?

5. ttman4

ttman4 Last Nite's Dream..

Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
    For just basic WVO nasty residue clean up I just use regular gasoline, best thing I've found. Gas it, let soak a bit, brush, scrape, or pressure wash..... comes clean.
    However if in confined space, or pieces or parts that gas harms, then gas is out.

BTW, where you guys getting WVO now-a-days? I haven't been able to get any in 5-6-7 yrs. Had tons of it filtered & stored/stockpiled but have used what I had filtered down to about 1000 gal left.

I don't have my Fuge set up right now to use but when I did I only used it for WMO. Got about 2500 gal of that fuged & usable & ready to go.

6. Mt_Man

Mt_Man Registered User

Yah I would think that would work if you pump had enough flow to keep both up to pressure. Maybe valve and pressure gauge for each one so each one would get the correct pressure?
    I was thinking the output of one going into the input of the second. But interesting idea.
    There would be a pressure drop going though the first one. So maybe have a bigger first one then followed by a smaller second one??

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Coopons likes this.
  7. Mt_Man

Mt_Man Registered User

Nice stock pile ttman4!
    I have only done wmo so I don't know about wvo. What do you think that is making it harder to get? It is harder to get wvo around here because so many want it and biodiesel manufactors. So I started with wmo and never needed to grab up wvo. I really like wmo personally.

8. Mt_Man

Mt_Man Registered User

found this, man this guy has got quite the setup.

bbjordan likes this.