deleting posts in your own thread

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres always that one guy that posts random obscure off topic banter that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

is there a way for the thread starter to delete these?

i know theres a report feature
but no need to get the mods involved.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
derailing threads is a part of life here. in real life, no conversation escapes unscathed from diversions.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No, you can't. Only a mod can.
Some forums you can delete your own post, but only within a certain amount of time.

Basically you'd have people starting crap, then delete their own post so a mod can't see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take exception to resembling that statement Brian!

NAW, just funning ya.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ate a gerbil once for fun.

this post is informative to say at the least...
the ones im talking about are these young people that say anything just for the attention
its like they were on the ***** until 16

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did it taste like chicken? :D

on a more serious note, years ago, the original owner of OBN made a habit of finding the worst offenders on OBN and put them in charge. Over time, those criminals chose other like minded criminals to help run the place. As long as you liked trucks, women, drinking, guns and trucks, you were hired. Those who can party hard and stay calm while drinking made it to the front of the line. The idea is real simple. For the most part, people like it that way. Forums that feature tidy, orderly, well manicured thoughts often consume themselves in correctness and the forums that feature nothing but chaos, bashing, flaming and frat-boy behavior will collapse on itself over time. Do we appeal to everyone? Nope. People will come and go. Those who like it here will keep coming back even if they don't own the truck that brought them here in the first place. It's much calmer here today compared to roughly ten years ago, most of the derailers are on FB causing trouble and talking tech here. That's ok. FB is a better outlet for socializing but they suck at tech. We'll keep tech here. So, drop on by, make sure you bring something you like to drink and a six pack of Coors in a bottle for me, tell us about your latest adventure with your truck, ***** about the old lady, break out your forever running AR build and get ideas about keeping the truck running for another week. If you "get it" you already found your little corner in the internet. If you don't, hopefully you will find your little hangout somewhere on the internet too.

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_181113662.jpg
    IMG_20140921_181113662.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 38

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this post is informative to say at the least...
the ones im talking about are these young people that say anything just for the attention
its like they were on the ***** until 16
if they annoy you, use the ignore button. at least you have that option. Mods don't. we have to see it all.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As my ifail just double posted to the poncho question'
I just wish we could!

gandalf

Reaction score

Come on, Uncle, tell us the full story about the gerbil.:eek: Please, please, please, tell us all about the gerbil. I know there is a story behind this, one which the entire crew wants to hear. Please, Uncle, tell us more about the gerbil.;Sweet:D

Good picture, Calvin. I see most (some, a few) of your favorite pastimes. Interesting write-up. I think you know this crew too well.

Delete a post we've made? We all wish we had that ability from time to time. Sometimes it would be in the best interest of all involved. On the other hand things might become exceedingly dull. The real secret is knowing when not to post, and who not to poke fun at. I can't tell you how often I've had to bite my tongue and not post my first thoughts on a subject. Every now and again things get out of hand, but very infrequently. And that, sir, is why so many of us hang around.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did it taste like chicken? :D

on a more serious note, years ago, the original owner of OBN made a habit of finding the worst offenders on OBN and put them in charge. Over time, those criminals chose other like minded criminals to help run the place. As long as you liked trucks, women, drinking, guns and trucks, you were hired. Those who can party hard and stay calm while drinking made it to the front of the line. The idea is real simple. For the most part, people like it that way. Forums that feature tidy, orderly, well manicured thoughts often consume themselves in correctness and the forums that feature nothing but chaos, bashing, flaming and frat-boy behavior will collapse on itself over time. Do we appeal to everyone? Nope. People will come and go. Those who like it here will keep coming back even if they don't own the truck that brought them here in the first place. It's much calmer here today compared to roughly ten years ago, most of the derailers are on FB causing trouble and talking tech here. That's ok. FB is a better outlet for socializing but they suck at tech. We'll keep tech here. So, drop on by, make sure you bring something you like to drink and a six pack of Coors in a bottle for me, tell us about your latest adventure with your truck, ***** about the old lady, break out your forever running AR build and get ideas about keeping the truck running for another week. If you "get it" you already found your little corner in the internet. If you don't, hopefully you will find your little hangout somewhere on the internet too.

which reminds me, i see your leather holster.
if youre looking for custom leather holsters and other items of this sort, we have a badass here locally that does burnt leather engraving and his own holsters, for which ever spot is to your liking.
and when i say badass, i mean it.
a local paraplegic icon who builds & mud runs in a 65-66 ford galaxy

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which reminds me, i see your leather holster.
if youre looking for custom leather holsters and other items of this sort, we have a badass here locally that does burnt leather engraving and his own holsters, for which ever spot is to your liking.
and when i say badass, i mean it.
a local paraplegic icon who builds & mud runs in a 65-66 ford galaxy
if he's LE friendly, oh boy have I got some local clientele who would like the get to know him. :D
i've been looking for a modified miami vice style shoulder rig for my small auto, it's not a common gun so custom is my only option.
time for a road trip to your neck of the woods. :D

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill be throwin a BBQ as soon as i get this truck painted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online