deka batteries

Reaction score
anybody heard of these batteries,my big truck parts place sells them,about 120.00 for group31 1250cca @32d

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ya we run them in our freightshakers and peterbilts they seem to be really good have had them in the trucks for about 3 years now and going strong

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
great batteries!! we had them in over 30 of the fleet vehicles where I used to work. many were run dead a few times, because of light being left on and such, rairly did they need replaced... just recharge and go.

on another note: NAPA also sells a comercial battery for around $90. I have these in my PSD truck, thousand cranking is great for cold weather. don't remember the part # offhand, but I can get it for you if you wish. the only downfall to these, is the lack of clearence under the hoods of the 80's and early 90's trucks.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I've had great experiences with them and wish I could still find them. I have seen them outlast any other battery.;Sweet
Ken

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kohler generators used to come with them from the factory, but when MTU/DDC bought katolight generators, we lost our kohler dealer BS, so idk now, but they seemed to hold purty well... try google...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We sold DEKAs for years.

The batteries were decent; the route man was not.

Over the years, we have sold about every battery known to man.

Gould were by far the best, but I never see them anymore.

The best business move we ever made was to completely get out of the battery business.

It is unbelievable the lies that people will conjur up, in order to get a free new battery.

Once in a blue moon, someone would have a legitimate problem; 99% of them had a vehicle problem they refused to admit/fix, so long as we would keep them in batteries for life.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a lot of cca's!!! its definatly something i would buy just to see em in action!

That is about standard for Group-31s.

The ability to keep on cranking, on and on and on and on, is what makes them so good;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Our starters can't keep on cranking on and on... They will thermally melt down... But its nice to have batteries that can crank endlessliy too. I have had that sick feeling of a set of batteries cranking down when I'm trying to start something. You just know things are not on your side when the cranking slows down....:mad:

tractorman86

Reaction score
they are good batteries we sold them for a few years and ran them in out tractors. the glass mat batteries shook apart too easily and the regular ones didnt have enough grunt for bells with two scrapers. these things kill batteries... they even killed a few yellow top industrial optimas

Attachments

• bell1.jpg
    bell1.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 11
  • bell2.jpg
    bell2.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 5

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Good Batteries! According to Calvin the Napa batteries are made by Deka. I can say for sure the Deka group 31 and Napa group 31 have the exact same case.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just now pulled a DEKA (dead) out of a truck to use as a core tomorrow when I get another pair of blems.

The shiny sticker on the side says :

DEKA

Mf'd by EAST PENN Manufacturing Co., LYONS STATION, PENN

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
We sold them for years as well, short of Interstate, there was none other that compared. We had a great route driver and salesman though as well, but rarely had to warranty any of them. I took some Interstates on consignment, they saw them and said they would match anything Interstate would give me, warranty, etc. Of course they also said they would match their price...Interstates were 15% more on average! East Penn was a great company to deal with, but that was 10 years ago. Not sure, but I would assume their product was just as good. I had a deep cycle of theirs that ran a 24 volt motor (just one battery) for 4 hours straight to get us up the Ohio River when the gas station owner got drunk and closed shop 6 hours before he said he was when we asked on the way down. Anyway, ran that motor and never seemed to even budge the charge level for all that time!