Define cheap

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well.....
it is cheap in comparison to a new F450....
the colors sure look like one of Dunn's in Mtn. View ex-towtrucks.

the true definition of cheap is one of those CL "wanted" ads I see every now and then looking for a IDI equipped with a turbo and a GV. That's not being cheap, but offering $500-$1000 for such equipped truck is certainly cheap.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Agreed Towcat! I see ads like that ALL the time.... "looking for a safety inspected, rust fre truck.....but I only have $500 - $800 to spend"

Up here, $800 won't get you much of anything!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'll be headed to the far side of MO in a few months with an empty trailer :sly perhaps I'll find a CC short bed frame to follow me home :dunno

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Should have said 'OLD' instead of 'CHEAP'. This may be a capable truck that is able to return your investment but $5,000 is not in my "CHEAP' budget.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Hopefully these links work. These are a couple of the trucks for sale in Nova Scotia. You can usually bet that a plow means the truck was abused!! Not many people are easy in their gear around here.

Truck 1
Truck 2

Prices around here are HIGH for what you southern guys would consider rusted out. I can't hardly believe the prices you guys pay for rust free trucks down there!

DragRag

Reaction score
How much would this go for in Halifax? Has a factory turbo, 4" lift, and new tranny. It's clean BTW.

You must be registered for see images attach

Or this? 6.2 no turbo, 4 speed, no bed yet. Both run well.

Just curious.....

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
Ive seen ones like the white F-250 go around here for 2500-3000 or so. If you can get it to wisconsin id give you about $4500 for it, but thats my opinoin.:dunno

gatorman21218

Reaction score
is that canadian money? btw i found a canadian dime in my wallet the other day. The guy at the quickmart wouldnt take it.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much would this go for in Halifax? Has a factory turbo, 4" lift, and new tranny. It's clean BTW.

Just curious.....

I paid $5200 for my truck. It was in great shape besides a dent in the tailgate and some rust on the fender.
I would say you could get $6000 for that truck out here in BC

DragRag

Reaction score
I paid $5200 for my truck. It was in great shape besides a dent in the tailgate and some rust on the fender.
I would say you could get $6000 for that truck out here in BC

Damn that's a lot of money. Here in Cali I think it may only be worth 4k in good working order. Rust free trucks abound here. Just curious is all, and of course I am talking U.S. dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger