Deere 2210

DBogo

Reaction score
i think were goin to look at the 4210 (28hp) the 2210 is definatly too small to mow 5 acres with

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DBogo said:
i think were goin to look at the 4210 (28hp) the 2210 is definatly too small to mow 5 acres with

IMHO, you will be making a mistake.
Spend just a few more dollars and move up to a 4310 or a 3320.
Both of those tractors will handle a 72" cut, and a 430 300X FEL with ease.
If you are going to cut 5 acres, you'll be sorry if you go with anything less.

Last edited:

Sbrem

Reaction score
George C said:
IMHO, you will be making a mistake.
Spend just a few more dollars and move up to a 4310 or a 3320.
Both of those tractors will handle a 72" cut, and a 430 300X FEL with ease.
If you are going to cut 5 acres, you'll be sorry if you go with anything less.

I agree with George. Go with at least the 4310 for your uses. I think you will be much happier. They are all good tractors, even the little 2210 depending on your uses, but like I said for that much mowing, look into the 4310.

Stephen

DBogo

Reaction score
well we aint gettin a tractor i just sat down and discussed with my dealer and we really just need a mower for this year so we are going with the gravely 260Z its a zero turn thing (7.8 acres/hr :hail ) and next year prolly getting a 4310 or 4410 for dirt work

Sbrem

Reaction score
DBogo said:
well we aint gettin a tractor i just sat down and discussed with my dealer and we really just need a mower for this year so we are going with the gravely 260Z its a zero turn thing (7.8 acres/hr :hail ) and next year prolly getting a 4310 or 4410 for dirt work

Cool. That will be the best of both worlds. You can't beat those zero turns for mowing.

DBogo

Reaction score
yea check out this beast it has the most comfortable seat i have ever sat in it reclines got hight adjusting arm rests adjustable lumbar support and suspension and it has a hydralic lifting deck and can mow at speeds of 13 mph heres a pic of it

Attachments

• 260z.bmp
    111 KB · Views: 10

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DBogo said:
yea check out this beast it has the most comfortable seat i have ever sat in it reclines got hight adjusting arm rests adjustable lumbar support and suspension and it has a hydralic lifting deck and can mow at speeds of 13 mph heres a pic of it

The downside of buying a zero is that cutting grass is the only thing they are good for. It's perfect for the business of cutting grass, but they have absolutely no versatility.
If you also need to move dirt, then why buy two different and expensive pieces of equipment?
Buy one tractor and do both.
Although the compact tractor design can not compete with the zero for mowing around trees, but it WILL kick ass on open land. My JD will cut 72"s of grass at unbelieveable speed, and it's very comfortable and smooth to use.
It's like driving a Cadillac over turf, and I can guarantee you that the zero with it's smaller wheels will kill your back over rough terrain.

DBogo

Reaction score
we got a ton of trees to go around thats in our little field behind our mini golf that we got and we really thought about this and realized we dont need to move dirt this year next year we will though but a 2210 would be way too small so we are going to get a bigger tractor next year when we need it but for this year this will work and it does have suspension in the front and can still tow are little wagon and vac so why not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online