Decisions, decisions.....need your help

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys I have a decision to make on the next step for my truck build.
I bought the truck in my sig to be used as a service truck for the towing part of my biz. I had planned on putting a flatbed on it since I do use a gooseneck trailer quite often. Recently I have found myself leaning towards a utility/service body on the truck. Both have pros as well as cons. With the utility body I will lose the gooseneck towability, but I will gain the full deck of a flatbed. I won't have near the tool and supplies storage with the flatbed that I would have with the service body, could be overcame though with some add on underbed boxes from Tractor Supply. With the service body I will have ample storage for tools, welder, air compressor, straps and the like. I am sure that there are other things that I am forgetting here.
I respect ya'lls opinions. Help a brother out. What do ya'll think?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
There's actually some flatbeds with plenty of room for tools/equipment, and still gooseneck worthy.

I have a thread here awhile back asking about different bed styles, may try to find it, as a bunch of bed makers/styles were posted.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Found it.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62265 Bed style opinions/debate

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk