Edison
Combined with Henry Ford

But life would be a pleasure
And
I'd grin from ear to ear
If the customer would tell me
The model, make,
and year.

Im spoiled by the parts guy at work as its a in shop parts room and he can find/get just about anything still iin exsistance.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im spoiled by the parts guy at work as its a in shop parts room and he can find/get just about anything still iin exsistance.
I've seen that poem before, but it's been years...I loved that parts shop; went there every time I needed a part until they closed down. Thanks for posting it; even though I don't fit the bill, I gotta save that ;Sweet

Tell that to the people who run things around here.

Around here, you have to be quite capable to expect the $10. :(
I'm guessing your area's economically depressed? Around here, $10/hour is barely enough for one person to survive on, forget having a family...and good luck ever getting enough money to put a down-payment on a house if you earn less than $75K/year.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing your area's economically depressed?

South Central Kentucky

One good thing about this area is that everyone is so used to scrimping by on barely anything that we can't really tell the difference between good times and bad.

We have been in a perpetual depression for over 100 years.

Last edited:

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I go to one of the 4 Nappa stores around me I try to use the woman that knows her stuff. She works very hard helping me and other customers. Some of the other stores are not so customer friendly... Kids behind the counter are the issues I have difficulty with most of the times.

South Central Kentucky

One good thing about this area is that everyone is so used to scrimping by on barely anything that we can't really tell the difference between good times and bad.

We have been is a perpetual depression for over 100 years.

Move slightly North. Things are getting better for skilled labor.

Machinists are getting $18-24 an hour. Advancement happens over just a few years with experience. Might be time for me to get back into a machine shop. Back in '96, I couldn't get more then $12 an hour.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Move slightly North. Things are getting better for skilled labor.

Machinists are getting $18-24 an hour. Advancement happens over just a few years with experience. Might be time for me to get back into a machine shop. Back in '96, I couldn't get more then $12 an hour.

Back in '96, $12/hr was probly the equivilent of $18/hr today. Gotta figure in the astronomical rise in cost of living...

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I go to one of the 4 Nappa stores around me I try to use the woman that knows her stuff. She works very hard helping me and other customers. Some of the other stores are not so customer friendly... Kids behind the counter are the issues I have difficulty with most of the times.

Back in '96, $12/hr was probly the equivilent of $18/hr today. Gotta figure in the astronomical rise in cost of living...

Yes, but unskilled labor isn't any better. I see jobs all the time for $9 an hour. I don't know why people take these jobs :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online