Dear Napa,

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You suck. You used to be the over priced high quality auto parts store that could get something when everyone else failed. Now, you are about useless.

Sincerely,

David

me:I'm looking for a KAT 11605 block heater. That is K A T 11605
napa:That's a hose.
me:No, it is a block heater. It is K A T 11605. It goes in the freeze plug hole.
me:OK. I have an 86 F250 diesel, need a block heater.
napa:I can't look that up. It's a universal item.
me:Well, I'm looking at them on your website. The manufacturer lists them by application although it is a 38 mm or 1 1/2" if that helps
napa:I can't even look up a vehicle that old.
me:OK. Same block as a 92 or anything up to early 94
napa:Don't have it. Nearest is Portland Oregon. All I show is a lower radiator hose or circulation tank heater.

Amazing that this is the warehouse location. At least local one could look the thing up but still can't buy one for me to buy.

me: I'm looking for this part number.
carquest: Don't have it. let me find where one is. I have one in Bakersfield. If I order it today, you can have it Tuesday.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of complete idiots working the counters at parts' stores. I feel like I'm babysitting morons everytime I walk into most of them around here.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck with the three NAPA's in my area that I frequent. It is nice being able to get things same day/next day since the warehouse is just downtown. Some days though, you can't help but laugh at how difficult it is to find whatever simple part you need. Like the whole world ran in to every store the day before and bought exactly that part.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congratulations.
this is the result when automation replaces learned knowledge and experience. you, yes you the consumer had a heavy involvement in obsoleting the experienced counterman and replacing him/her with a mouth-breathing, drooling, buttonpusher. The ever constant pressure to find the cheapest deal results in the demise of the human, the most expensive part of the supply chain. but don't worry, your job may be next for the computer to replace.

Black dawg

Reaction score
part of your trouble is that is only a 600w heater, the one that you want is 1000w. KAT30403. they can look it up by app, you just got an idiot apparently.

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa doesn't stock much so I only go to the big stores.

One thing that I have found annoying is when autoparts stores only stock one belt, when I need two matching ones. Then they try to cross reference it and you get two belts that are slightly different sizes.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I just knew before I opened the thread this was going to go "Dear Napa You suck!"LOL

I feel your pain! Its to the point I order most things offline if I can. At least I get what I need then! My local carquest is good too. Ran by a bunch of older guys that know their ****. I try to give them my business before Ill go to anyone else.

techson

Reaction score
ford dealer isnt much better.
I called and asked for olives on the fuel lines at the FF head.
they had the 3/8 inlet but said the 5/16 outlet I'd have to buy the whole fuel line...
I looked up the part number on the web and called back, oh the next town over has 1.called that dealership, no we show to have 1 but we sent it back we dont keep those any more. I wonder how many miles the new 2012's will log before they scrap them.

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean , i was just there trying to get rear u-bolts for my F-Superduty . no luck , if all else fails they automatically say thats a dealer only part . The only thing nice is if you need a part right away if they can find it in there system they usually can have it the next day if it's not on stock . I mostly buy my stuff online (way cheaper) Bought some 50 psi fuel line there $2.44 per foot , bought the same hose through Jeg's for $.73 per foot . Right rear break line and hose combo was $75 through them , online $20 . Bought the left rear break line cause i needed it for $30 but could have bought it through Rock Auto for $6.80 and $4.00 to ship it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.