Cummins 5.9

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a Cummins engine drop into a 87 Ford Crew Cab or do you need an adapter plate and tons of other stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They fit very well. Some of our finer members have done this swap and love it. I think every member should have an id & a cummins powered F350 dually crewcab in their fleet.:angel::D:thumbsup:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you youngman

I could have talked a lot about what all it takes to do the swap, but it has been covered so well in several of those threads in the conversion forum, I hated to tell you information that might have been wrong.

Looked back at my post and didn't want to be the guy who just yells at folks about how it has already been covered and why did you ask again! Haha.

If I had a 5.9 laying around, I would be finding a body to put it in!

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a Cummins engine drop into a 87 Ford Crew Cab or do you need an adapter plate and tons of other stuff.

I have a 6.9 in the Truck with 650K. I'm starting to get some blow by and would like pull the motor to rebuild it. But with everything going on. (House under construction) so I'm already buyer that a w***e on Saturday night. I had some one tell me that the 5.9 was a drop in engine. It would appears
he didn't no what he was talking about. Eather way I've got to come up with a solution soon. I live in Wyoming but run to Buffalo every spring. That truck makes the run with a horse trailer fill with something ever time. I think I my have to winter in Buffalo this year to get it done.[emoji15]