Cruise no worky!

murfman

Reaction score
My cruise control quit working, the "Cruise" light on the dash still works, What should I look at first? Thanks in advance Murfman

bigmike

Reaction score
there is a vacum line that runs under the drivers side battery that slides together ,find it and trace it out and check all vacum conections

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Mine is the exact opposit... no light but cruise works...

clong

Reaction score
MYTRNx3, The cruise light is defaulted to off in the pcm. If you have a dealer installed cruise control they may not have known to go in and turn it on, or it could have been reset to the default setting at some point when the dealer reflashed the module.

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
not like I'm really worried about it...

Thanks though!

Gman77

Reaction score
Sometimes I can turn my light on, sometimes not. Sometimes can turn the light off, sometimes not. Most of the time the cruise will not set. ANyone had this problem?

Max Power

Reaction score
The clock springs in the steering column give quite a bit of trouble in Dodges. Not sure if that is your problem or not. You could drive down to Manitoba and I will diagnose it for you. :)

dpetdog99

Reaction score
I realize this is kinda old, but have you checked the set switch. I dunno if the trucks are the same as my LHS was, but the on/off:cancel button was screwed to the left side of the steering wheel and the set/coast:resume was screwed to the right side of the wheel. Or is it like brand F's where they're mounted in the wheel? Then I have no suggestion.

My cruise light came on also, but I would press set, nothing. Press set again, nothing. Do it again, nothing. &#$%!!! And I'm one lazy SOB, I wanted the cruise for the 3 mile road.LOL :rolleyes: It turned out that my vacuum lines were fine, but the connections on the set/coast:resume button were either dirty, or loose. I unscrewed the button, took off the connector, turned it over and looked at it like an idjit. I shoulda took a picture, it would've been priceless. Well I was like whatever, I'll hook it back up, I don't carry spare cruise buttons around. Turns out it was just dirty or loose, it worked fine from then on out, until the car was totaled anyway.

Good luck, :sorry: this is so late.

Have a good one!!

Dan