Crawler version uhh... UPDATED 3/30/13

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya'll should look down this way when needing parts cases and adaptors, truckgonewild.com, they have a parts for sale forum and usualy, ford and chevy independant cases often.. even see some sami, and nissan ind. cases... i am running a turbo 400 an 208 case into a rockwell 223 ind case... i am gear beyond low with both in low range and having 6.72 gears in my axles!!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
not quite sure what you are trying to say. why do i want a heavy hugh rockwell223 in my truck?

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wasn't sayin you should run a 223, was saying when you guys are looking for parts and cases ya'll should look down this way if you have trouble finding parts... there are usually independant ford and chevy 205s for sale all over, and other tcase parts for bolt up cases and all too..

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

that is the chevy spring on top of the factory ford pack. you can see the difference in length. the center bolts were lined up for the pic.

i was able to use my neighbors shop since it was sorta needed to swap the springs.

think i need to change shocks around. fully compressed and fully extended. flat spring and nicely arched.

here you can see how far i had to move the front spring hanger.

and here is the clocked 205. notice almost nothing hangs below the frame rails.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...that's sweet.;Sweet..I've thought of 63"rs but not sure I want to on my truck...maybe...:confused:

On a second note I do really like what you've done with the cross bace between the rear shackle reversal hangers...Nice!;Sweet

EDIT...

How wide are those springs anyway? I'm kinda curious....

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Plus they are so soft a traction bar or anti wrap bar is needed. I ordered my Heims and mounts for it yesterday, also ordered my ram and mounts for hydro assist .

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
ram and lines are from eastcoastgearsupply.com the heims and mount pictured is from ruffstuff