Crawler version uhh... UPDATED 3/30/13

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i meant by crawling, front for "pulling" (crawling is what i said.) and rear for "pushing" the vehicle

Pavement is much stiffer than dirt mud snow etc. With the slight difference in ratio is stresses the truck when all four have traction. Plus that can force the wheels to lose traction, they arent turning at the same rate but are all on ground.. Least as far as i understood it.

Neat mod, definitely going to look into it. Sorry if i explained crappily. Lots of work little sleep lol

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good tire choice! :D . I absolutely LOVED my iroks. The only problem was that I daily drove my Crawler and they wear FAST on pavement. But they grip incredibly well, even bald!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Looks nice, what is the benefits of different gearing front and rear? Im guessing high front could crawl over stuff better...? Strictly offroad im assuming, since we arent even supposed to use 4wd on pavement with 3.54/3.55's

Those guys are based in salem huh? Might have to see what they offer :)

3.55/54 isn't enough of a difference to do anything. Like when people tell me 4.09/11s are different. not enough to make a difference and it usually depends on which way you way you round up or down.....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't get much done yesterday. Removed the tcase again, going to pull Trans, do a complete reseal on it. Also going to replace throw out bearing while I can get to it( they take much abuse in wheeling world). Also ordered a seal kit for my steering box. Going to build my own hydro assist.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
took me a while to find a ford 203, but when i did i was in luck. someone has already molested the rear half of the case. so the yard sold it to me for 75 bucks.

giezy

Reaction score
I have been looking for a divorced 203 to convert my truck to 4x4 and have equal length shafts with a doubler but giving up when a guy said he could sell me one for $600 :puke: now I think I am going to buy a bronco chassie and do a c4 and a doubler and have fun like your truck have every thing to build it but the DOUBLER!!

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

got the steering box done today. now just to get a ram for the axle and mount it all up.

pulled this out to reseal it and install a new TOB.

found this when i removed the trans. output splines got a little twist to them. going to run it for now, and dig out my spare one. lol

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
got drivetrain back in and sorta together. i now have FWD!!!! not going to make a rear shaft yet till i get the 63 inch chevy springs in. the rear might get moved some installing these. also replaced the draglink due to some tires that are hard to turn....

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
shot over to the junk yard this morning to see if i can get my 63 inch chevy springs for the rear. all i took was my sawzall. luck be on my side when i found this....
You must be registered for see images

springs came in 1988-1998 chevy half tons. these are some of the best flexing factory springs. only downside is they do cause alot of axle wrap, so an antiwrap bar will be made soon. i hope to install these this weekend.

You must be registered for see images

they are not a bolt in item. they are aprox 10 inches longer than our springs. but they way i am doing it, it should only move my axle 1 inch forward. and thats only moving the front spring hanger.

btw, got em for 63 bucks for both. got to love you pull it yards.