Crate engines ?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont mind me asking what happend that "the bottom end met its end" low oil psi?

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont mind me asking what happend that "the bottom end met its end" low oil psi?

Still haven't moved it since the tow truck dropped it off. I am not sure what it was though, and at 340,000mi its anyones guess.

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the engine just shut off when you were driving it?

Have you ever been around old timey hit and miss engines? I began going down a 1/4 mile hill, and at the top the truck started making a noise like when those old engines miss. Kind of a "tsk tsk tsk" sound, that was directly correlated to engine RPM. I actually thought I had just sprung an exhaust leak on one of the manifold ports. By the bottom of the hilt got worse, so I pull into the nearest driveway, and as soon as I bring the truck to a stop it goes PING and stops rotating. Sounded like dropping a 3/4" steel plate onto another 3/4" steel plate.

Truck had previously made a mysterious grinding noise on hard braking or engine braking, or in reverse. You can hear the noise in this video I took
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I am assuming the noise was my bottom end rubbing around or something

The month before I was 15 miles off the nearest real road out on the National forest roads near Yellowstone so I am counting my blessings that it happened like this.

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just located a running 7.3IDI attached to a C6 that is supposedly sitting in a chassis cut running. For $300. I really can't believe it!

Gonna get it running and probably sell this spring

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine I'm picking up has 140,000 and a "slight miss" while running. If it doesn't make too scary of a sound maybe I'll keep the truck for a while.

It runs well enough that he kept it in this shell to be able to show people, so I've got hope. Any suggestions on what would make the motor "miss"?

The truck was scrapped because the body mounts rusted off the cab.
You must be registered for see images attach

If anyone needs a C6 I will have one for sale Monday.