CRAP!!! I lost my oil cap.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get a new one? I had to ad some oil today and left it on the fuel filter head. Now its gone. I stopped at a light and I saw smoke coming from under the hood and I freaked out thought my truck was on fire. It was just my new instant easy RDT LOL :rotflmao

I have the old style metal one (had) anybody got an extra?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
:D Funny you should metion that, because that happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I was trying to fix my oil leak from the turbo, and decided to go for a drive. I just put oil in it and thought I put the cap back on. I went for the drive, around 2 miles total, got back and opened the hood to see how much oil it had leaked. Needless to say I was like, what the heck, where is my oil fill cap. So I was ready to go for a slow drive to find it on the road (which would be easy because it was compacted snow/ice, so it would have contraseted against that really well). I went for one final glance, and I found it stuck in my sound deadening on the bottom of the hood. I guess I had the fill cap on the radiator, and slammed the hood and it got lodged in there.

I was going to get on here to ask where to get a new one LOL

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
FordGuy100;240334I found it stuck in my sound deadening on the bottom of the hood. I guess I had the fill cap on the radiator said:
The same exact thing happened to me a month ago!!! :rotflmao I didn't hear the end of it from my wife :rolleyes:

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one over the shelf at Napa. Five bucks. Brand new, nice and shiny, fit nice and tight.

Drove around for a few days without the cap. Noticed my oil pressure was lower as a result. Came back up after I put a cap on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle