Crankshafts

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So, here I am waiting for my heads to come back from the shop after getting a valve job and I'm looking at my crankshaft that has a 10-10 grind and polish on it and think... Why not have it polished again after the 5200 miles I ran it just because its out of the motor. Ao I open up the yellow pages and find only 1 shop that is listed as this. Velasco's Billet Crankshafts. I call and ask if they can polish my crank and how much. Answer was "sure, $5.00 or $10.00....:eek: I'm on my way. About 7 miles from my home and geez, what a neet shop. They do everything. Henry Velasco lets me watch the polish and look around the shop. All I can say is wow. I saw a pallet of some funny looking cranks that were billet cranks. They were for some 500 inch drag motors. The counter weights had just been cut off and they were going to be stress relieved. When you machine something it builts up stress till you take it out by heat stress relieving it. In the office is pictures of everything. Top fuel drag racers et all. Even a picture of one of his cranks thats in the Smithsonium Museum. Anyway my charge was $5.00 for the polish. I felt it was worth twice that so I thanked him and paid the $10.00 for the tour and lesson. I have seen other crankshaft grinding shops and the polishing fee was $35.00 and a grind was about $100.00 in those shops. I now will be using Velasco's after what I saw. Location.... Velasco's Billet Crankshafts 12422 Benedict Ave. Downey Ca 90242 Phone number is 652-862-3110.. Email is [email protected]