Coolant Volume

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been posted 5 billion times i know but I'm headed out the door and I can't find it. I blew a heater hose last weekend and I'm replacing my coolant and I can't for the life of me remember the coolant capacity. Going to Wally world or O'reilly's for Fleetcharge......do I get 4 50/50 gallons or 4 "full" gallons?

Thanks a bunch!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the concentrate, why pay for water. It takes 4 gallon of coolant and 4 gallon of Steam Distilled water, that amount is if the system is completely drained, drain the block, one plug on each side toward the back of the engine, pass side is behind the starter. Changing to a different coolant, you should flush the system at least once with any clear water. try not to use any well water, City water is just fine for flushing.

Boiling Springs. LOL :D

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill you da man! I was just poking around the site.....hadn't been around in awhile good to see some names I remember! Hope you're doing good! I see the meetup is in NH! Phew that would be a drive!! Alright off to the store! Thanks again!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boiling Springs, just got a kick outa the name, thinking about what I said about what water to use. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel 7 to 8 gallons is what our capacity is. Do purchase distilled water. That way you wont have the dreded mineral drop out that clings to the radiator and pluggs it up. Also its no conductive.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would water from Boiling Springs not alreqdy be distilled buwa ha ha ha ha....

As with everything nowadays, when the town was named 6 million years ago (i just realized I tend to exaggerate numbers...) there actually was a spring with boiling water coming up!! To bad it's not still boiling I coulda saved myself $3.52!!! Now the spring just kinda bubbles but it's not boiling anymore.....and of course the kids got hold to it and there is trash and Burger King cups down in the well etc etc.....can't have nothin......

So I had to travel to two O'Reilly's to get the coolant....paid for it in one and picked it up in another...spent my whole 2 hour lunch break running around!!! Thanks again for the quick responses! I'm loading up the camper and headed down to Columbia to see Paul Mccartney with my youngest daughter and gotta get the truck in tip top shape...she'd never forgive me if we didn't make it....she's a HUGE fan! Kinda weird since she's only 15 but it could be worse!! I'm glad the heater hose decided to take a dump last weekend and not this week! Thanks again from the land of boiling water!

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at 15 they go nuts. But Paul is a good singer. Have him sing YESTERDAY.
Yesterday, Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away, Yesterday, I believe in Yesterday.:D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let it Be, Let it Be, speaking words of Wisdom, Let it Be.

When I was 64. Wish I were again, that was 23 yrs ago for me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When a hose lets go its usually the hot hose leaving the engine. Thats the heater hose that leaves the passenger side head and the hose from the thermostat. Because of the heat found in that coolant they tend to be the first to let go. You guys have a great road trip and enjoy the concert. As already posted. Paul is a fine singer.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had to travel to two O'Reilly's to get the coolant....paid for it in one and picked it up in another...spent my whole 2 hour lunch break running around!!! Thanks again for the quick responses!

You got Fleetcharge at O'Reilly's?

1995 Ford F250 SCLB 7.3L PSD 4wd ZF5/ Luk SMF, Dana 50/ Man Lockout, Strictly Diesel Oil Dipstick Adapter, stock.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ There are more "conventional" FLAPS carrying FleetCharge these days. Best deal I found is Advance Auto. *IF* your local store carries it, order online for in-store pickup, and use the seemingly always-active 30% off discount code. Takes it down to aprx. $11.20 a gallon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online