COOLANT=PERFORMANCE???

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
My truck started losing a bit of power and i didnt know why. i was thinking maybe glow plugs? But as i was checking stuff out like all my fluids i noticed i was a WAY low on coolant. so i went to o'reileys and got some. filled it up and my truck is running better than it ever has before... Is this just a fluke? or would it actually have something to do performance wise... just curious,

thanks

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
First thing is glow plugs dont do nothing for performance, all the do is help it start, you do not have to have glow plugs right now i dont have any i just have plugs in mine, and well i really woulndt think coolant would have anything to do with performance

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you checked your coolant? Can you explain this loss? Is it leaking? How much did you add? You didn't overheat it did you?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the exhaust smell like coolant with excess white smoke? If you don't see an obvious leak, you could be comsuming it in one or more cylinders.

Heath

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
The truck is fairly new to me. i just noticed that it was very low on coolant yesterday.. so i filled it up immediatly and no i never overheated it.. my exhaust doesnt smell sweet.. just smells like diesel.

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
i guess it was my coolant gauge that was getting so high. it has a stock pressure and temp gauge.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Maybe its running better because its "water injected" now?? :dunno

Possible head gasket would be my first thought... but I am new to IDI's. Hope its something simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online