Coolant catch can

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My catch can broke never really like that style any way. I was wondering if a 99-03 powerstroke would work. I know I would have to us there lower radiator hose. I like the powerstroke catch because you can see the level in the radiator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are entire system pressure expansion tanks. Not cap relief open tanks. I don't see why you couldn't use one though. It wouldn't go to radiator cap overflow it would be tied into a heater core line or something

Last edited:

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup it can be done. I used parts from a 97, you can almost make it a direct bolt in. let me know if you want some pictures.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what I would recommend, if your going to use OBS parts put them in the same spot they were in and take lots of measurements of the height of the bottle to radiator. you will need all new hoses although some can be used from the OBS. I only say some of this because you don't want the bottle to be to low. I think you can mount it as high as you want if you can.

I will edit with pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

this is just a general view. I have more coming.

Last edited:

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one other thing. I had to modify my fan shroud to fit with the rad. I had a PSD shroud and didn't think I would need it and gave it to someone.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome I would say definitely put your truck in the hd class for cooling.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping it works better than last year. So far it holds 8 gallons of coolant. It's just the fan I wish I could control more, just never know when it will come on.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I will say this I can hear my fan come on after I put the turbo on. Sounds like a over size vacuum never heard it before turbo.

I would say get a 6.0 electric clutch fan but that's not going to work. Nut wrong size and it's reverse rotation. Now I did find something cool international hat a 7.3 turbocharged since 1990. The water pump is 5.8 inches (t5070,). And a 7.3 ford is 4.09 hub hight (t5072) so there is a short and long pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online